Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-15-2004, 11:48 PM

Default PSI Worst Poker on TV Yet

I was pretty excited to watch the first episode of the PSI. Seeing all the top players playing at the same table and playing with thier actual cash; and the then 1st episode started.

In the hour it was on I think I saw about 15 total hands. Twice they came back from a commercial break and showed ONE hand and then cut to another commercial break. They had a commercial break every 3 hands.

Also, we couldn't see the hands player's were folding preflop. Other FOX poker has shown all the hands, why not this show? I also though we would see more "moves" by the pros, but most of the hands shown on TV were just the famous ALL-IN pre-flop or All-in on the flop with top pair against an over pocket pair.

I have no idea how many chips each player started the table with and how many chips each player had at the start of the episode. The players and annoucner kept mentioning the importance of having lots of chips, but I think only twice I saw a table chip count (and this only happened aftere 2 players got elminated).

Oh and finally, did I hear the announcer correctly when he said that the winner of the "tourney" will win ONE MILLION DOLLARS? Then they kept mentioning how the each player put of 400K to enter. Where is the other 2.2 million? Sounds like Duthch Boyd might have put together the payout for the tournament.

These are my thoughts, but Would love to get others opinion on the PSI.

TUDS