Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2005, 06:06 PM

Default Re: I can\'t take this life anymore

[ QUOTE ]
Granted, I was 6+ Newcastle's deep, but a blast nonetheless.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey at least it was good ale, right?

Good advice in general, he needs to do whatever he can to meet people and get out and feel good about himself, once he starts things will probably snowball.

Mack
Old 11-10-2005, 12:37 AM

I rarely post at this forum, usually just read the tremendously helpful advice here, but this thread made me want to post and share my thoughts on this subject.

Honestly man, everyone has gone through a tough and depressing time in their life. Not everyone will admit it freely because they see it as a sign of "weakness" as you put it, but trust me, everyone has been through it, with a varying degree of severity and frequency.

The most important thing is that you need to feel like you're not alone. It's very easy to isolate yourself, and you seem to have your reasons, but you gotta do something to change your life and reach out to other people. Obviously, you are reaching out for help by posting here, and that's a good thing. It means you're ready to be helped. But no one can do it for you. YOU have to be the one that makes a difference in your life. If I could just snap my fingers and make everything better for you, I would bro. But it's not that simple.

People can give you advice on what to do, but ultimately it's YOUR life so YOU have to be the one to act. Maybe going to a doctor is the answer, but maybe it's not. Doctors are not for everyone. Medicenes like anti-depressants can be helpful, but again are not for everyone. The key is finding what works for you. Maybe you could get involved with a group. Being in a group is a great way to have a sense of belonging. Maybe you could find a girlfriend. If you have trouble meeting girls in real life, you could consider an online dating service. It might sound cheesey, but maybe you could meet someone who could make a huge difference in your life. Or maybe it's something else that I can't think of right now.

The point is, there is a whole world of possibilites out there for you. It may seem bleak now, but there is NEVER any reason to give up on life. I know life can be hard, and sad, and horrible at times, but I truly believe that it's those rough times that make the good times so good. Think about it, if life was always great how would we ever appreciate the good things about it. We would inevitably take it all for granted. One day you'll look back on all this and realize how far you've come. Good luck to you man, I hope you find what you need.

Oh, and if you ever feel the need to discuss this, or anything else more privately, feel free to shoot me an e-mail at thecoronakid2000@yahoo.com. That goes for anybody on this forum too.

Matt
Old 11-10-2005, 10:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Im not going to be ugly with you all because I know you are all trying to help. However your medical advice with regards to drug therapy is atrocious. I am a Pharm.D. and experience people with depression and all of the medications spoken of above clinically every single day. Please leave the medical stuff to the professionals and do not discuss things you do not have a clue as to what your talking about. You may do more harm than good. Just because you took it does not mean your an expert.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, point of clarification--I wasn't advocating medication specifiacally, I was suggesting (or trying to suggest) that seeking professional medical help wasn't a sign of weakness. I can see how my post was misinterpreted though.

FP
Old 11-12-2005, 03:54 PM

Read the book "Radical Honesty" by Brad Blanton-Great Book
Old 11-15-2005, 07:12 AM

Hi all,

I feel much better now. I've spoke with mother alot lately, and seems like she just didin't know what to do say and how to help me.
I've began going to gym aswell, it's great way to get this stuff out my body [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
I have also got contacts with some poker players from my area and so on.
I still haven't decided what to do with the school, i'm kind of tempted to actually play poker as a job at least for a while, so far I have thought it only as a hobby.

I got alot PMs offering help and support, aswell many offered help in this thread - I know I didin't answer to most of people, sorry about that.
Old 11-15-2005, 02:22 PM

Keep up the good work man. One day at a time.