Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-22-2005, 08:13 PM

Default Re: East Coast times?

[ QUOTE ]
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am assuming all these times are after the partypoker time. But my question is, between what hours do you count the different "times"? Like, when is dinner?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

if the memory serves right.. im too lazy to look it up.. dinner is 4-8, evening 8-12, night 12-4, morning or whatever 4-8, forenoon 8-12, and whatever else 12-4. im tired, cant think. holla

--------------
-------------

Could anyone confirm this? And are we talking American East Coast time?

Thanks for posting by the way! I'm a little surprised the difference is not bigger but it's definatly big enough!

[/ QUOTE ]

I think most of the people reporting for this survey are from the EST zone, and the reason I think that is that the "Night" stats are better than I would expect them to be for late-night-west-coast/late-night-early-morning-east coast. They seem more consistent with late-evening-west-coast/night-east-coast.
Old 08-22-2005, 09:05 PM

Default Re: The Results Are In!!!! Time of Day---> ROI/ITM Correlation Test...

After looking at the responses, it seems that the biggest concerns revolve around the sample size and quality of players that submitted data and their corresponding influence on the results.

Although I agree that these are valid concerns, I think that one observation clears this up. If you go back to the original thread and look at each individual player's data, in basically EVERY single case, each player's personal results corresponded to the ultimate conclusion that peak hours are more profitable. i.e. for each person's data, their dinner, evening, and nightime ROIs were higher than their ROIs during other periods of the day. Thus, the cumulative results reflected the individual results of all the players contributing the data, which, in my mind, goes a long way towards confirming the ultimate conclusion.

-Jess
Old 08-23-2005, 12:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
After looking at the responses, it seems that the biggest concerns revolve around the sample size and quality of players that submitted data and their corresponding influence on the results.

Although I agree that these are valid concerns, I think that one observation clears this up. If you go back to the original thread and look at each individual player's data, in basically EVERY single case, each player's personal results corresponded to the ultimate conclusion that peak hours are more profitable. i.e. for each person's data, their dinner, evening, and nightime ROIs were higher than their ROIs during other periods of the day. Thus, the cumulative results reflected the individual results of all the players contributing the data, which, in my mind, goes a long way towards confirming the ultimate conclusion.

-Jess

[/ QUOTE ]

English please, for those less educated.

You geek.
Old 08-23-2005, 12:21 AM

I can't help it that you are illiterate. Come on, Mo- did I spend 8 hours a week teaching you how to read for nothing. Oh well...
Old 08-23-2005, 12:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I can't help it that you are illiterate. Come on, Mo- did I spend 8 hours a week teaching you how to read for nothing. Oh well...

[/ QUOTE ]

Good thing I teach sngs better than you teach people how to read.

Lol!
Old 08-23-2005, 12:39 AM

Yeah, or else I'd be down $100k by now...