Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-20-2005, 02:03 AM

Default Ok, Now What?

MP (1000) is good, button (450) is ok/standard semi-knowledgable player playing on scared money. I (1100) have been playing pretty lazy and not really pushing it much in the last few hours. kinda felt like the type of table where that would be optimal.

Preflop:

MP limps, I limp with JT[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], button raises to 15 (this is a high pair or a draw to one), blinds fold, MP calls, I call.

flop (50): A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

MP checks, I bet $40, Button calls, MP calls

turn (170): K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

MP checks, I...

I think there's a good case for betting again here, but i also wouldn't mind checking this one through in case MP is planning a turn checkraise with AK or 88 (both of which i can see him possibly playing this way, maybe).

So there are lots of lines, including some out there ones that i feel have some merit. what's your favorite?

also, leading into button on this flop is a given W/R stack sizes, right or no?

fim
Old 04-20-2005, 02:16 AM

Default Re: Ok, Now What?

weird spot. i like the flop lead as long as you doing the same with top set.

i think this hand is interesting because it is clear that all 3 players liked their hand on the flop. so if you bet here, and someone already has you drawing dead, you are not that likely to see it as clearly because that person will be wanting to keep both of you along for the pot, and hope that any hand you might have will improve on the river.

i think you are drawing in a bad spot.
Old 04-20-2005, 02:42 AM

I think you check here and fold to a reasonable bet. I can't see a turn bet taking it down very often here against both opponents, and it's possible you're drawing dead.
Old 04-20-2005, 03:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
weird spot. i like the flop lead as long as you doing the same with top set.

[/ QUOTE ]

What does that have to do with anything? Is hero really going to limp AA then flatcall pre?
Old 04-20-2005, 03:28 AM

Keep firing away at the turn. You need to bet because there's are large chance they are going to fold if they don't have an ace or king. I like a bet anywhere from half a pot to a pot. You need to bet in order to get information and at the same time have a chnace to take the pot down right now.
Old 04-20-2005, 03:30 AM

i didn't necessarily mean on this exact same board and whatnot. just similar conditions, board coordination, positions, and pf actions.
Old 04-20-2005, 03:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Keep firing away at the turn. You need to bet because there's are large chance they are going to fold if they don't have an ace or king. I like a bet anywhere from half a pot to a pot. You need to bet in order to get information and at the same time have a chnace to take the pot down right now.

[/ QUOTE ]yeah. i thinkthese guys prob have medium pocket pairs and were just teating you on the flop. BTW, check.
Old 04-20-2005, 03:47 AM

I just hate checking the turn here. If I get checkraised, get called, or get raised,I would just fold. There's always the next hand and you got the information you wanted by betting. The key here is fear of the check raise. Don't be. If you meet any resistance... you know what to do. You can't only look at this as one hand. You gotta set them up with the information you got from this hand and use it on subsequent hands.
Old 04-20-2005, 03:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
MP (1000) is good, button (450) is ok/standard semi-knowledgable player playing on scared money. I (1100) have been playing pretty lazy and not really pushing it much in the last few hours. kinda felt like the type of table where that would be optimal.

Preflop:

MP limps, I limp with JT[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], button raises to 15 (this is a high pair or a draw to one), blinds fold, MP calls, I call.

flop (50): A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

MP checks, I bet $40, Button calls, MP calls

turn (170): K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

MP checks, I...

I think there's a good case for betting again here, but i also wouldn't mind checking this one through in case MP is planning a turn checkraise with AK or 88 (both of which i can see him possibly playing this way, maybe).

So there are lots of lines, including some out there ones that i feel have some merit. what's your favorite?

also, leading into button on this flop is a given W/R stack sizes, right or no?

fim

[/ QUOTE ]

Look, just check this turn, nothing else is remotely sane.
Old 04-20-2005, 04:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Keep firing away at the turn. You need to bet because there's are large chance they are going to fold if they don't have an ace or king.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, so that makes the chances of both of them folding about what, 1%?

[ QUOTE ]
I like a bet anywhere from half a pot to a pot. You need to bet in order to get information and at the same time have a chnace to take the pot down right now.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you need some information from them to figure out if your jack high is good?