Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-04-2005, 10:32 PM

Default Showdown % too low? How to see more showdowns?

This question is mainly for 5/10 (6 max).

I think a lot of people have this problem... My VPIP is 24%, my PF raise is 15%. My went to showdown % hovers around 30% (28-32). I notice that the good players see the showdown about 37% of the time. I am playing very agressively with flop and turn agression of 3 and a river agression of 2. How do I see more rivers? What am I supposed to see more rivers with (A-high?)

Alot of times, I'll bet with AK out of position. On the turn when I bet I get raised (then I fold). Or I bet raise with 9s in MP. Someone on the button calls. Flop is Q J 7 or something, I bet, get raised then fold. Am I supposed to be calling down with these hands? Thanks.
Old 06-05-2005, 01:30 AM

Default Re: Showdown % too low? How to see more showdowns?

I wonder the same thing! My situation is similar to yours.
Old 06-05-2005, 01:53 AM

Default How many suited connectors do you play?

Do you play many suited connectors? someone who plays a good bit of them will naturally be drawing to the river a lot.

i'm overlimping with T9-54 from the cut-off or button. i also complete those as well as T8-64 from sb if it's an unraised pot.

that amount of limping still keeps my PFR around 18.5%, while my vpip is around 27% (a mix of 5-Max and 6-Max). i might be too loose - i'm seeing that SD 40% and winning 47%
Old 06-05-2005, 02:42 AM

No matter how much I call down I can't get mine above 33% I just think there's no chance in hell I'm winning this pot why through in an extra bet, my fold to river bet is also substantially higher than most. I really trust my reads and seem to snap of bluffs alot still with A-K high call downs. But I just can't see how I'd get it even near 40% i'd have to call down with every pair, every A,K,Q high and I don't think i'd be close even then.
Old 06-05-2005, 04:00 AM

mine's 32 and i really really blow. ive made nearly 6 figures playing this stupid game, yet im virtually certain im incapable of beating it right now. either i've changed or the games have..probably a little of both. but fwiw, i'm on the tighter side so try to get yours higher.
Old 06-05-2005, 04:18 AM

I'd say try to induce more bluffs. When you induce bluffs from the river, turn or even flop you resign yourself to seeing the showdown in many situations. You also eliminate 2 causes of low showdown. Your opponents folding, and your folding due to his actions. Simply calling down more only eliminates your folding from the equation. Also, if you are a winning player, simply lowering your calling down standards can be disastrous, especially in smallish pots. I think everyone's play is different, and you might not need more showdowns seen, but this seems like a logical reason.
Old 06-05-2005, 04:32 AM

What is your composite SD factor (CSF), as proposed by TJD some months ago?

WenttoSD x Won$@SD (as a decimal, not %)

If you are only seeing 33% (0.33) of SD but winning 5% (0.57 then this would be a strong indicator that your reads are good (or running well). For WtoSD of 33% you need a Won$@SD of around 56% to justify it. The problem is when your figures are 32% and 52%, which suggests you are missing some value.

Most folk seem to have 35% (0.35) and 52-53% (0.52-0.53) to CSF of around 0.185 would seem to be normal.

Theoretically, if you can keep the CSF at this level and see less SD, you are reading good and making more $$.

I know of some who are seeing nearer 37-38% of SD but these may be tougher games. Again if the CSF is around normal then a case could be made that seeing more SD will win you more, but it is really a question of how much value you are getting from the SDs you see - which was the idea behind the CSF, I believe.
Old 06-05-2005, 04:33 AM

Simple example that you might already do. HU against a LAG decent postflop aggression. He raises late position, you call from BB with A3.
Heads up flop 55J. Run your hands hot and cold and simply check call till showdown, give him the chance to dump money w/out being able to outplay you.
Old 06-05-2005, 11:30 AM

Good explanation. Went to showdown by itself is a completely overrated stat.
Old 06-05-2005, 11:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What is your composite SD factor (CSF), as proposed by Jeff W some months ago?

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]