Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-13-2005, 02:03 AM

Default Re: PokerStars WSOP packages: NOT GOOD ENOUGH !

William,

You would rather be like Party and take $3500 out of the prize pool so you can have $1500 and they give you $800 worth of hotel? Stars gives you the hotel for free. The money for the hotel comes out of the prize pool, so all they have done is set the number of entries per world series seat. You make it sound like they have done something morally ambiguous.
Old 06-13-2005, 02:12 AM

when in actuality what is morally ambiguous (but not THAT ambiguous....it's just morally wrong) is how party is maybe giving you perhaps $1k worth of hotel but takes $2k out of the prize-pool to do it.

(I don't really know as I'm not familiar with Vegas hotels and their rates....I'm relying on the judgements of others on this one who, in the very least, say they are certainly not getting a bargain on the hotel-charge that is taken out)
Old 06-13-2005, 07:08 AM

Location: Wonderful Copenhagen, home of The Feared Danish Mob

Let's see, I buy one apple and it costs me 1$. Fine!
Now, I want to buy 500 apples. Do you really believe I am going to pay 500$ ?

Maybe Party is greedier than Stars, but I am certain that they both give you xxx$ worth of accomodation and they pay xxx-yyy%$ probably a very good deal.
Anyway, the point is that no matter what they make, Party makes your trip easy while Stars doesn't. And I don't even start discussing about the monkey dress nobody dares to bitch about. You all rather prostitute yourself for the opportunity to play in the Wsop...

Welcome to the real world...
Old 06-13-2005, 07:15 AM

Location: Wonderful Copenhagen, home of The Feared Danish Mob

[ QUOTE ]
If you prefer to make your own arrangement with your hotel, then you can choose to take an additional $1000 in cash instead of the hotel room (called the "sponsored player cash option").

Of course if you needed more spending money etc, then praps you should have thought about that prior to playing [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Rom

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't know about the "choose your own hotel thing". That is good, but why no charge a few more dollars for the tourneys and make every participant happy. Here we are not talking about spending money and you know it. It's flight money...

And while you are feeling witty, maybe you want to comment about the high limit tables issue as well.... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

And plase don't give me the "we have sent your suggestion to management" reply....