Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2005, 10:25 AM

Default live tournament hand 1

Hello,

I would like to know what you think about that hand. I played it in a tournament in Paris yesterday. There were 150 players and the buy-in was 60 euros.

When this hand happened, 50 players were still in the game. The average stack was 450, and the blinds 25/50. I had 1500 and was the chip-leader of my table. I think I appeared as an agressive player, but I had never been caught stealing. The table was tight.

I was SB (25). There were 4 limpers, which was quite exceptionnal. All of them had middle stacks (250-600) except the first limper, a tight player with a big stack (maybe 1200). I had already seen him limping then folding for a raise, and he had always opened for a raise every time he showed a good hand.

So when it is my turn, there is 275 in the pot, and nobody has shown strenght, especially the first limper who is used to opening with a raise. With the biggest stack, I think it is a good time to steal.

- What minimum hand do you want before putting a raise in that situation ?
- What amount would you raise, considering you don't want any callers but don't want to be caught in a big confrontation with the first limper, who had the second stack ?

Thanks for your comments,

sahaguje/.
Old 10-03-2005, 10:56 AM

Default Re: live tournament hand 1

You are out of position. You have 5x pot, but a lot of people have less. You could conisder allin. You have to bet atleast close to pot to take the pot.

I would be concerned that the first limper usually raises. Also, you are out of position, although you do have a big stack.