Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

View Poll Results: 3/6
Absolute 2 5.56%
PokerRoom 3 8.33%
Ultimate Bet 2 5.56%
Cryptologic 4 11.11%
Prima 3 8.33%
Party 20 55.56%
Full Tilt 2 5.56%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-03-2005, 10:36 AM

Default Short-handed cash-game...

I played a shorthanded live cash-game, with some guys from my hometown. SB was $1 and BB was $2. Buy-in was $100. (I know it should be $200, but their game their rules...)

We had played for some hours but I hadn´t picked up a tell on anyone. I played pretty bad poker this night and had only 50 bucks left infront of me...

OK! Five player table.
The guy infront of me had raised all night long with everything from 9-10o to A-A.
He raised again and this time to $8, I looked at my cards and saw my K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 10 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] so I´ve re-raised him to $15.

So...
Opponent: raise 6 dollars to 8
Me: Re-raised 7 dollars to 15
Everybody else folds and my opponent called.
The flop comes: 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 10 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
The pot is: $33

My opponent bet $20...
I only had $35 dollars left... so it was all-in or fold...

What would you´ve done? Why?
What cards had you put my opponent on?
Old 09-03-2005, 10:46 AM

Default Re: Short-handed cash-game...

Generally short-handed no limit discussions occur in the appropriate no-limit forum.

However, I'll take a shot.

First of all, KTo is not a good enough isolating hand, regardless of what this guy has been raising with preflop. You can't be certain of where you stand when you hit one of your cards, and it generally isn't a fun hand to play once the flop hits.

GIVEN that you don't want to see a flop with KTo, re-raising $7 is probably the worst thing you could have done. It's not enough to cause your opponent to fold preflop, so you are almost certain to see a flop with what is pretty well a garbage hand in NL. However, it also puts enough money in the pot to make you feel pot-committed for the rest of the hand (irrespective of whether you actually are or not).

So, while I don't have any advice for the flop, preflop I think the best courses of action, in order of "good"ness are:

1) Fold
2) Call
3) Re-raise all-in
99) Re-raise $7