Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-01-2005, 09:57 PM

Default Re: How much does the increased rake at party effect us?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't understand Shill... from the link it looks to me like all limits between 3/6 and 10/20 are raked exactly the same way.

[/ QUOTE ]

Read it carefully. They explicitly state there was a change in the 6m tables.

[/ QUOTE ]

when i finally meet you i am going to be disappointed you dont look like alizee.

[/ QUOTE ]

When are you moving out here?

[/ QUOTE ]

january at latest.

i may also be closer to LA than originally thought. the commerce 40/80 is calling my name [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice. We'll have a big welcoming party.

Where are you thinking now?
Old 09-01-2005, 09:57 PM

Long time lurker, first time caller.

It seems like the only solution is for all 2ers to use their worthless non-rakeback original Party accounts to sit out on 4 tables at once while multi-tabling on Empire and Euro as normal. If everyone did it I'm sure we could turn Party into 5-max. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 09-01-2005, 10:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
rakeback will help, but a .2-3BB/100 cut in WR is awful. downswings will last much longer and be much worse.

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't pay rake when you don't win hands!

But seriously, I don't think this will have a huge impact on losing streaks. Losing streaks are caused primarily by variance, not by winrate. Taking 0.3bb/100 off your winrate, while causing losing streaks to last longer (slightly), does not amplify variance (it actually decreases variance slightly) or do anything else to make losing streaks last significantly longer, or be any harsher.
Old 09-01-2005, 10:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Long time lurker, first time caller.

It seems like the only solution is for all 2ers to use their worthless non-rakeback original Party accounts to sit out on 4 tables at once while multi-tabling on Empire and Euro as normal. If everyone did it I'm sure we could turn Party into 5-max. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

wow dude that actually might work
Old 09-01-2005, 10:14 PM

i feel like jumping off a cliff.

well not really but this sucks.
Old 09-01-2005, 10:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But seriously, I don't think this will have a huge impact on losing streaks. Losing streaks are caused primarily by variance, not by winrate.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, yeah variance will be the same, but losing streaks are very dependant on your win rate.

.3 might not have a HUGE effect on a really good players downswings, but on a lot of players it will have a noticable effect. If you're crushing the game for 3 BB/100, then the bad runs at 2.7BB/100 won't be much different, but if you're only a 1- 1.5 BB/100 player, then that extra .3 BB/100 payed to rake will be felt in longer downstreaks, and breakeven streaks. also, once the longer term effects kick in, like the losing players losing even faster, and going broke quicker, then win rates for even the best players will drop.

of course this won't be a drastic thing that hits right away, but over the next several months, a lot of the better players' profits will be going to Party and not to us.
Old 09-01-2005, 10:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting
Old 09-01-2005, 10:52 PM

There are two almost insurmountable problems with this. First, if the table is full, you get picked up after I think 28 hands. Two, you would need a buddy system since you can't sit at the same table if two accounts have signed in from the same computer.

WiteKnite
Old 09-01-2005, 11:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe this is incorrect.

My understanding is that party calculates the number of hands played divided by the average number of the players at your tables so that everybody pays roughly the same amount of rake per hands played. (I may have some of that equation wrong but the point remains the same.)
Old 09-01-2005, 11:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe this is incorrect.

My understanding is that party calculates the number of hands played divided by the average number of the players at your tables so that everybody pays roughly the same amount of rake per hands played. (I may have some of that equation wrong but the point remains the same.)

[/ QUOTE ]

No that's correct. However, hands you don't win still count towards your MGR.