Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Rake Back
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2005, 09:07 PM

Default Re: Party VIP offers - November

I guess when people are desperate they go for anything [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-26-2005, 09:11 PM

they havent gotten back to me after I sent numerous emails to various addresses and was guaranteed a callback late last week.

I'm not going to put any more effort into dealing directly with Party: time for Plan B.
Old 10-26-2005, 10:00 PM

i just got a phone call from 206-203-XXXX, but i couldn't hear them and then it was dropped. is this Party VIP? if so will they call back or email me?
Old 10-26-2005, 10:31 PM

I'll just tell exactly what happened to me incase anyone is wondering. I sent an email to bonus@partypoker.com last night [12:51am]. This is what I wrote in my email, I titled it "Bonuses in coming months":
[ QUOTE ]

Hello,

My name is xxxxx xxxx and my Party Poker handle is xxxxx.I have played on Party Poker for the last year sporadically, but now I would like to make the switch to playing Party primarily. I am a relatively high volume player, playing 10-15k hands a month. I usually play around the 2/4 or 3/6 6max levels. From past records I have noticed that my play does contribute a large amount of rake to poker sites. I have heard that it is possible to recieve future bonuses for high volume players. Currently for October I am working to clear off a $90 for 905 points. This will most likely work out to me playing over 4k hands in the last week and a half of October. I believe this shows that I am willing to put in the hands if I am offered some incentive in return. Would it be possible to recieve some sort of monetary compensation in November because that would certainly keep me playing at Party. I can play at other sites where they offer bonuses, such as PokerStars, but I would like to stay with you. I hope you feel the same way.

Sincerely,
xxxxx xxxxxx

[/ QUOTE ]

Tonight I recieved at call at around 10pm EST from 206-203-5004 [please edit if writing the whole number is bad]. I talked to the nice British sounding woman. She offered me perhaps the crappiest deal I have heard yet; $150 for 10k raked hands. That means I would have to play around 15k total hands. I told her that this would take me the entire month to clear, while I could clear a bonus I have waiting over at PokerStars for $120 in 2 days. I told her that something in the range of $300 would be more acceptable. She said that she would have to talk to her manager and that she would give me a call back tomorrow at the same time.

Honestly my whole take is that even $300 is absolute crap, but I think when I climb the ladder by going from blue to silver to gold and keep on putting up the numbers they want things will get a lot better. I never expect it to be quite as good as it used to be, but I feel if I can work my way up to something equivalent to 15-20% I would be very pleased.
Old 10-27-2005, 01:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm trying to wrap my head around these big bonuses and how they impact rakeback.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm like 99.9% sure party will subtract these bonuses from your MGR before kicking back to the affiliate and your rb.

[ QUOTE ]

However, Party now offers me $700 for 18,000 raked hands (by my math around 22,000 total hands at $10/20 6max). How is my rakeback impacted?

[/ QUOTE ]

i believe this means if you get 20% rb you will get (MGR - 700)*.2
Old 10-27-2005, 02:49 AM

Indeed.
For some reason Party doesn't believe in leaving messages.
Personally, I think it's quite rude to continually call someone when you know that person is unaware of what the number is AND refuse over and over to leave a simple voice-mail message.

With these phone-calls....if you just happen to not pick up the phone when they call then you're kind of out-of-luck.

Don't they know that some people don't like to pick up the phone when it's a number they don't recognize? That's why a lot of people use voice-mail/answering-machines in the first place.

I feel it's extremely unprofessional of party to do it that way.
And I think they try going the extra step to setting up a toll-free number that I can reach them at.
Telling me I can call them at any time doesn't do me a lot of good if I'm not particularly interested in being placed on hold on an international call.
Old 10-27-2005, 04:22 AM

so if i get rakeback (signed up for party thru aff), then no shot at this offer? i am a gold member....
thx
lansky
Old 10-27-2005, 05:59 AM

I play mostly 2/4, and they offered my 160 for 4,000 hands.
Old 10-27-2005, 09:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I climb the ladder by going from blue to silver to gold and keep on putting up the numbers

[/ QUOTE ]

The way I read the points system, these tallies reset quarterly. So it's not like you just keep adding pts till you get to gold...you have one quarter to do that, then it starts over.

Am I wrong?
Old 10-27-2005, 10:26 AM

I played 3/6 and 5/10, app.20,000 hands per month, for over a year at Party till I found Euro, and other sites.

Party e-mailed me with this offer:

Sign up a new player under the "Tell a Friend" thingy, and we'll give you $50! Restrictions apply.

[img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]