Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-2005, 04:35 AM

Default A2 hand bluff at the river

Hi, does this suck?

Omaha Hi/Low $0.50-$1 (real money), hand #1,109,444,739
Table Morganton, 27 Jul 2005 1:55 AM ET

Hero is BB with 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img],J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

PRE-FLOP
4 calls, SB completes, Hero raises, limpers call SB folds

FLOP 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
hero bets , EP limper folds, MP limper calls, MP limper 2 folds, LP limper calls

TURN 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Hero bets, only LP limper calls

RIVER 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Hero bets and the one remaining opponent folds

I felt the chance that he was on a low draw was pretty good so I thought to myself: since I have been the aggressor, it looks as though I have a high hand, so why not take a shot? He will prolly fold a lot of hands better than mine. Without any reads, is this generally a good play?
Old 07-27-2005, 06:04 AM

Default Re: A2 hand bluff at the river

[ QUOTE ]
I felt the chance that he was on a low draw was pretty good so I thought to myself: since I have been the aggressor, it looks as though I have a high hand, so why not take a shot?

[/ QUOTE ]

Flexus - If you say so, but if I were your opponent, I'd tentatively put you on A2XY and strongly suspect a bluff if you bet the river.

[ QUOTE ]
He will prolly fold a lot of hands better than mine.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't. And most of my opponents wouldn't either. But some would.

[ QUOTE ]
Without any reads, is this generally a good play?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well... if you really induced your opponent to fold a pair here, the bluff worked for you here. Therefore I'd say the play at least has merit against this particular opponent. And it would work against certain other opponents too. But then there are some others who would suspect a possible bluff attempt and call you here with any pair (or better). Thus I think that it's highly opponent dependent.

Buzz
Old 07-27-2005, 10:34 AM

From my beginner's knowledge of Omaha, I'd say it's entirely possible you were bluffing with the best hand here.
Old 07-27-2005, 10:55 AM

I like it--if you happened to be ahead, nice value bet. If the other guy had some small pair to go with a low draw (more likely IMO), you only need him to fold it 1 in 8 times or so to make this play profitable.

Well done.