Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2002, 08:57 AM

Default My worst beat ever.

Hello,

Thought I would post this bad beat here.

PokerStars $200+15 tourney, 12 players left. Blinds 600/1200, I have about T13000.

I am in the big blind, and my hand is the mighty AA. Standard raise of 3600 from the player on my left. Three folds, then an almost all-in raise from the player on my right. I have her covered, I push all-in, and she calls all-in. We are heads-up.

She kas KQ suited.

Flop doesn't help either one, but the turn and the river is a Q, and she wins the pot. I am left with T1500, and I'm soon out when I push all-in with KQ suited.

Well, I hope I will do better next time [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-19-2002, 02:12 PM

Default Re: My worst beat ever.

toughie...you're gonna win that about 82 percent of the time preflop, and about 96 percent of the time if the flop misses your opponent.

and of course, it's bad beat brusing is amplified by the closeness to the end of the tourney...3 players out and you're in the money - win, and you're probably given a clean sweep to the final table. that's what really makes this feel like a bad beat to me...just so so close and no cigar.

I suspect if you did that well in the $200 game, you'll have no problem next time the hand comes around.

RB