Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-2004, 09:11 PM

Default Question for syntax and other Zerorake supporters

I know I should be shot for starting another Zerorake thread but I really want some answers here.

[ QUOTE ]
Just The Facts wrote:
I still want to know where the missing players are. That is a huge concern when looking at the context. The reason given the other day was because they all got free money or something. Did all 50 lose it, and therefore there is only the original 8? That's spooky.

[/ QUOTE ]

I want to see your answer to this syntax also. Please come up with a logical explanation if you can. And I do not want to hear "these player are so excited about this new concept that they behave very erratically."

I think this is the most distrubing aspect of the site so far. More distrubing than the possible Dutch Boyd connection. Mike Haven even said the play was similar to Propoker. And we learned from the Propoker bonuses if something sounds too good to be true, well it probably is. Interestingly, Propoker also heavily advertised in cardplayer.

Ironically, becasue of Mike Haven's post, I almost made a deposit to see if I can beat the games, but the mistery players went missing. Oh what time zone is Korea in by the way?

And one more thing. We know rake sucks but the at least it makes it very unlikely that the site will take off with your deposits. Think of it as insurance.
Old 07-16-2004, 09:15 PM

Default Re: Question for syntax and other Zerorake supporters

you're right, you should be shot for starting another zerorake thread.

I've never seen 50 players on so I can't comment on where they all went. The other night I saw 25 playing and 38 or something total. When party has 40K at 8pm and 8K and 3am, noone asks where the 32K players went.

As for the propoker thing, I dunno, I wasnt around for propoker so I cant comment. All I can so is that so far I'm up over $700 at zerorake so far, so if they are cheating me, they arn't doing a very good job of it.
Old 07-16-2004, 10:16 PM

You guys really are quick to find a mystery when you have no clues. I told you before, I'll tell you again. At the RGP board, the Zerorake dude posted he would give everyone who sat at an Omaha table that night a free 20 bucks. No strings attached. It looks like 50 people took him up on it.

Now you got your clue. Does the mystery continue??

I just won 15 tourney bucks at Zero rake free roll! Woo hoo!!
Old 07-16-2004, 10:29 PM

OK, so what's your opinion on the safety of the site. As I said party/paradise/stras/prima/UB is not going anywhere with the player deposits when it takes them a few month to make as much from the rake. How long does it take for zerorake? Zerorake's profit is around 20% of the above rooms. So it probably would take over a year to match the player deposits from their profit. Do you think it is less likely or more likely for them to take off with the deposits when things go bad? It's funny you always emphasize how much a serious player can potentially save but never bring up security. As I said it is like insurance, please do not downplay it's importance.
Old 07-16-2004, 10:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OK, so what's your opinion on the safety of the site. As I said party/paradise/stras/prima/UB is not going anywhere with the player deposits when it takes them a few month to make as much from the rake. How long does it take for zerorake? Zerorake's profit is around 20% of the above rooms. So it probably would take over a year to match the player deposits from their profit. Do you think it is less likely or more likely for them to take off with the deposits when things go bad? It's funny you always emphasize how much a serious player can potentially save but never bring up security. As I said it is like insurance, please do not downplay it's importance.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't answer your questions with surety. All I know is I deposited 50 took out 100 a few days later. It hit my Neteller account in a few hours.

As far as sights folding and taking your money, well, that's something you have to deal with on your own. I join dozens of new sights and haven't had a problem. I tend to withdraw often to keep my balances low. I don't need to keep a big bankroll at any sight. I usually take so much out of bonuses and promotions from new sights that my small deposits reek much bigger rewards.

So, personally, I think your fears are a little overblown. There are over 300 poker sites operating now. As far as I know, since the beginning of internet poker began, only a handful of sites have folded. And of those, only a couple have refused to pay what was owed to players.

So IMO, I think the risks of depositing at new sites are low and the rewards are potentially high. I think if you live in fear, you will miss many opportunities that are being offered to attract new players.
Old 07-16-2004, 10:54 PM

When these posts first started up I said zerorake has zero chance of getting off the ground, thats most definately true, but I see no reason why we should say anything negative about the site. We should all say positive things about zerorake. You dont have to deposit no one is forcing anyone to, but it wont hurt you if others do. Sure a few people might get ripped off, but if they dont and the site succeeds it will be good for everying including the people who will never play at zerorake.
Old 07-16-2004, 11:08 PM

Hey, they are running a promo now where they give you a 5 buck entry into a SnG each day. They put up 20 or so tables and none of them filled completely, most had 3. I joined the one with 6 others thinking it would get off when it hit ten people. But then they started all of them at the same time. I was at the only table with more than 3. All the others had 3. Seems they paid 50 bucks in tourney winnings to each table regardless of size, top 3 got paid. No wonder these people all joined the shorthanded tables! I still got second, but if I had been at a 3 man table I was guanteed a payoff with no risk.

And best of all, it's not paid in tourney bucks like I thought, it was paid in real cash. Very cool! They are running these every night they say, with a free entry for every member. Now, I think that's a pretty good promo.
Old 07-17-2004, 06:31 AM

Hi CrazyCanuck,

Are you the same CC who's partnered with UB?

The ZeroRake cardroom manager posted the other day at RGP and maybe here but I'm not sure. He gave a rundown of the history and who's behind it all.

Here's an excerpt of the post:
[ QUOTE ]
Who is ZeroRake.com?

ZeroRake.com is solely owned and operated by Action Poker Gaming Inc.
Action Poker Gaming Inc. is a 100% subsidiary of Las Vegas From Home.com
Entertainment Inc., a Canadian publicly listed corporation. Las Vegas From
Home.com Entertainment Inc. is responsible for the liabilities of its
subsidiaries.

[/ QUOTE ]

So although I can understand the concern of putting money into a new site, you should feel better knowing the company behind it is not new at all, they've been running other poker sites like Tiger Gaming since 2002. On top of that the subsidiary is owned by a publicly listed Canadian company.

Instyle007
Old 07-17-2004, 06:54 AM

No I'm not the other crazy. He is KrazyKanuck...I guess there are lots of carzys up here. Anyhow, Choice Poker was publicly listed also so that doesn't guarantee any security. In fact except for TSX, many canadian exchanges are pretty shady becasue they have a low regulatory standards ( please note I'm not implying tho by this statement that zero is crooked becasue it is on a canadian exchange, I'm just saying it isn't any safer than other rooms becasue it is listed on an exchange in a first world country).
Old 07-17-2004, 09:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
We know rake sucks but the at least it makes it very unlikely that the site will take off with your deposits. Think of it as insurance.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is 100% spot on. When charging a rake, there is at least potential for income. When there is no rake and no players, the chance of it being a scam and having the site take all the money becomes a very real danger if the business model fails like it has been.