Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-2004, 04:36 PM

Default Re: ZERORAKE UPDATE

[ QUOTE ]
But I think you can also define spam as a whole serious of meaningless posts on the same subject.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know if its ok to just make up your own definition of the word, but I guess people use the term "spam" pretty loosely.

Who decides when a post is meaningless? If some contributer, newbie or long time, thinks they have some point even though its rehashed or retarded they are going to post it? Whats the point of a public forum if you can't? If it is the same individual with the same message over and over, that's different.

The zerorake thing was not one-sided. There was a counter argument made by someone each time. I agree a lot was repetitive, but it was a debate, not just a series of repetitive posts on the benfits of zerorake or vice versa.

Also, many of the instances of "spam" attributed to zerorake were not even really about zerorake. They were just the vector for a larger debate on rake in general, and their name was implicated often because they are currently the only such availabe site.

I think in the general melee of things many posters here unfairly blended everything to do with any discussion of rake directly to zerorake spam.
Old 07-16-2004, 04:53 PM

Just for the record, of Syntax's 633 posts, what percentage would you say have the word "rake" somewhere in them. Whether it be in the title, body, or part of another word such as zerorake or rakefree are all acceptable forms.
Old 07-16-2004, 05:18 PM

Maybe a better question is how many of Thythe's 771 posts actually help someone else or contribute to the knowledge base of this forum. At least I gave you sound advice on your damn computer questions. I'll ignore you from now on.
Old 07-16-2004, 05:44 PM

Default ZERORAKE IS AN EVIL POKER SITE

If there is anything worse than a spammer for a LOSER of a poker site, it's an insulting one. I realize you can't win a real debate about all the spam you have put on our forum here so you need to have your own separate reality to justify it.

Thythe's 10 worst posts are more valued here than your ten best.

It amazes me that you reached this number of posts with all the garbage you post that IS against the stated rules of the forum without being barred.

Everyone's time here is valueable. We all view about a fixed number of posts and respond to a small number each day. Your posts, like the CT ones, suck the life out of this forum, because so much effort is wasted responding to your troll/spam/insult posts. Like I'm doing now.

MS Sunshine
Old 07-16-2004, 06:10 PM

Default Re: ZERORAKE IS AN EVIL POKER SITE

Hi MS,

Thanks for your comments. I have added you to my ignore list, and I invite you to add me to yours.

Click on my username and there with be a link that says "Ignore this user". This will save you "valuable" time sorting through my "life sucking posts".

I already know you are a hypocrit, so I doubt you will ignore me, but I wish you would.

Have a nice day!!! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
*** You are ignoring this user ***

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-16-2004, 06:18 PM

Please go back to pushing UB and Hellmuth dvd's on us. Hard as it is to believe, that was way less boring/obvious than your rake boner. better yet, go suck an egg.
Old 07-16-2004, 06:19 PM

I WIN! I WIN!

MS Sunshine
Old 07-16-2004, 06:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe a better question is how many of Thythe's 771 posts actually help someone else or contribute to the knowledge base of this forum. At least I gave you sound advice on your damn computer questions. I'll ignore you from now on.

[/ QUOTE ]

Admittedly you did help me with my computer questions and I thank you for that. I guess my post came off as very condescending, but I was really just wondering...if that makes any sense. I'm sure we could find various words that fit all of us. A huge percentage of my posts would have the word "bonus" in them. Anyway, didn't mean to offend too much.
Old 07-16-2004, 06:28 PM

Default One other thing MS

[ QUOTE ]
Thythe's 10 worst posts are more valued here than your ten best.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lets just look at today. Thythe posted to another user that folding K5s in the BB preflop to a blind steal raise from the button was the correct play. I posted how someone could sign-up for absolute collect a $210 bonus and then turn around and collect $100 reload on Friday. I posted a bonus code for Full Tilt while the general belief was that there wasn't any.

Obviously, this fact discredits your point and makes anything else you say much less reputable.
Old 07-16-2004, 06:46 PM

Default Re: One other thing MS

"Thythe posted to another user that folding K5s in the BB preflop to a blind steal raise from the button was the correct play."

Provide a link please, this seems to have value to me.

I don't have problems with your semi-spam bonus posts. Bonus info posts have value here, not to the higher limit players, but when it is hammered on in sereral threads or the same one is constantly bumped then it becomes spam in the content. This is against the rules here. <knocking sound> Hey, you listening? IT'S AGAINST THE RULES HERE TO SPAM IN THE CONTENT.

MS Sunshine