Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-15-2004, 08:43 PM

Default Re: ZERORAKE UPDATE

This is the second stupidest thing I heard today.

First of all, how can you hold something against someone they have no control over. Unless of course, you believe that Zerorake is actually behind all these posts. It is important to note that the manager has posted on three other forums I know of(check out the forums on bonuswhores for example)and this forum is the only one being "attacked" It is also the only forum with a large number of trolls and attacks by Gregorio types etc. Whats the stranger coincidence?

Second, your argument lacks any conviction. You would play at zerorake in an instant if they ever get a large volume of players. You are a hypocrit if your agenda is to see the site fail, yet play there if it becomes big.

As one of the "loudmouths" I personally could care less whether zerorake succeds or not. I am 100% behind thier business model, my interest in that site goes no further.
Old 07-15-2004, 08:49 PM

Old thread about the now defunct Propoker.

There were two sites, Propoker and SunrisePoker, which posters were as certain as it is possible to be that were purely and simply ripping off the odd punters that strayed their way. There were rumours of "Korean investors", bots, Management, you name it, with access to knowledge of all downcards, or, at least, playing in organised teams against you. I can't remember that anyone ever claimed to have won any money at either site, even though Propoker gave huge bonuses, (101%), to lure in the punters. If you had a good hand, all nine opponents would fold. If you tried to bluff, you were called. It literally gave you a stomach-ache while you tried to play enough hands to clear a bonus without losing both the bonus and your deposit. I think Sunrise might still exist. If it does, watch the $20-$40 game for five minutes and you will see absolutely ludicrous play, which is presumably designed to tempt you in to make your fortune.
Old 07-15-2004, 08:57 PM

Jesus, this is supposed to be the INTERNET GAMBLING board. Where else do we talk about INTERNET GAMBLING SITES? You think its odd that people would talk about a rake free site during the first week it opens?

Are you on crack or just regular affiliate dope?
Old 07-15-2004, 08:58 PM

Step into the real world for a minute. If my phone were to ring every 5 minutes with people yelling "Vote for Kerry!" "Kerry is the best!" and the like, I might very well decide not to vote for Kerry. I don't really care if these people are paid Kerry employees, or if they're just overenthusiastic supporters, it's human nature that when someone you perceive as an [censored] is telling you to do something, you may do the opposite just to spite them.

As for the second point, I don't get it at all. The original question was, why are people making fun of this site, why isn't everybody in favor of it since it's such a great concept. I think I answered that. Whether I would play at zerorake in some hypothetical scenario where it's the last poker site on earth is pretty irrelevant.

I understand you want to see their business model succeed. What you seem unwilling to acknowledge, but is true nonetheless, is that your own parade of posts regarding this topic were totally counterproductive in that regard.
Old 07-15-2004, 09:03 PM

Hahaha, so do you really really think that a site either makes it or busts out depending on the perception of readers of this board??

Funniest thing I ever heard!!
Old 07-15-2004, 09:12 PM

Dude, 2+2 is a POKER forum. This is where people who are interested in INTERNET GAMBLING discuss such matters. There has been NO spam on this board for Zerorake as far as I know, only LOTS of talk.

[ QUOTE ]
Step into the real world for a minute. If my phone were to ring every 5 minutes with people yelling "Vote for Kerry!" "Kerry is the best!" and the like, I might very well decide not to vote for Kerry.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can choose to participate in those discussions or skip them. NO ONE is soliciting $hit from you. I doubt anyone from zerorake has called your house or knocked on your door or inturrepted your dinner.

[ QUOTE ]
What you seem unwilling to acknowledge, but is true nonetheless, is that your own parade of posts regarding this topic were totally counterproductive in that regard.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ridiculous for three reasons:
1) Not everyone thinks the way you do. Many people are capable of making up thier own minds, and not be persuaded by talk, positive or negative. Or some random idiot spouting his beliefs from the rooftops of the internet forum.
2) The number of people reading this forum is probably less then 2% of the internet poker playing population. Im sure zerorake is not very concerned by your opinion, especially knowing you will still play there if they get enough traffic.
3)You say I have been counterproductive? That is giving way to much credit to just some jackass siting on his laptop in gainesville florida. If you have given me the power to influence your decisions then you are a sucker in every sense of the word.
Old 07-15-2004, 09:13 PM

There's another site that just went live and has been discussed a lot this week, that being fulltiltpoker.com. There have been some interesting discussions about the pros who play there, the lack of a deposit bonus as yet, and other topics along these lines. Despite your belief that this board is full of nothing but Party/Empire affiliates who can't bear the thought of another site succeeding and taking money out of their pocket, there hasn't been any rash of posts ragging on fulltilt and making fun of it, at least not that I've seen.

The difference, as I see it, is that the people who like fulltiltpoker and want it to succeed haven't been behaving like combative twats on this message board.

Personally, I wouldn't even know how to become an affiliate, so you can aim your ad hominem attacks elsewhere. I'm just pointing out what should be self-evident, that acting like an ass while talking up a site is not the best way to win friends, or support for that site.
Old 07-15-2004, 09:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hahaha, so do you really really think that a site either makes it or busts out depending on the perception of readers of this board??

[/ QUOTE ]

The question was not "why are there only 8 people at zerorake right now?" The question was "why do people keep making fun of that fact, when we should all want the site to succeed?"

My answer was that people are making fun of zerorake's lack of population to throw it back in the faces of those who have behaved like jerks in their urge to talk up zerorake. I stand by that answer.
Old 07-15-2004, 09:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There's another site that just went live and has been discussed a lot this week, that being fulltiltpoker.com.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, I started the thread went they went live. Was that counterproductive?

[ QUOTE ]
there hasn't been any rash of posts ragging on fulltilt and making fun of it, at least not that I've seen

[/ QUOTE ]

Look again. There are plenty of critisms of the site. Basically, they are just another site with no differnt then UB or Stars. You've been able to play against "name pros" on those sites for years. What is so special about Full Tilt that you think it should make as many waves in the discussion department as a no rake site which could save many players here tens of thousands a year?

And by the way, have you checked out RGP in the last month or two. Every other post has something to do with Full Tilt. I think they have also created a rec.gambling.poker.fulltilt
Old 07-16-2004, 01:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The question was not "why are there only 8 people at zerorake right now?" The question was "why do people keep making fun of that fact, when we should all want the site to succeed?"

My answer was that people are making fun of zerorake's lack of population to throw it back in the faces of those who have behaved like jerks in their urge to talk up zerorake. I stand by that answer.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, gee bucko, I'm sorry for posting in a thread about a rake less sight. I'm sorry for thinking it's a great idea. I'm sorry for hoping I might be able to save ten grand next year if it succeeds. Please forgive me for posting on the internet gambling board about a new gambling site that I thought was groundbreaking on the issue of the future of rakes.

None of these reasons warrant a post on the internet gambling board here. I should have gone to matchmakers.com instead.