Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2005, 04:17 PM

Default Two Interesting WCOOP 1k NL hands.

Both of these hands are early, the second being a little later in the hour where both me and my opponent are below starting stacks after losing a few pots.

ealt to sappy123 [7c 6c]
HollaAtHim: folds
Kitten07: calls 20
Nibbling: raises 40 to 60
E-WeE: folds
sappy123: calls 60
miniz: folds
lars_vegas: folds
thsaint7: folds
Drastyc: folds
Kitten07: calls 40
*** FLOP *** [9h 2s 8s]
Kitten07: bets 20
Nibbling: raises 40 to 60
sappy123: calls 60
Kitten07: calls 40
*** TURN *** [9h 2s 8s] [Tc]
Kitten07: bets 20
Nibbling: folds
sappy123: raises 240 to 260
Kitten07: calls 240
*** RIVER *** [9h 2s 8s Tc] [Ts]
Kitten07: bets 420
sappy123: folds
Kitten07 collected 910 from pot

Dealt to sappy123 [Kc Qh]
Big Chief111: folds
doubleas: folds
AikiKid: folds
doyojob: folds
ProFesSiNol: folds
chressy: folds
batoelrob: raises 100 to 150
sappy123: calls 125
stonekillr: folds
*** FLOP *** [8h 9s Jh]
sappy123: checks
batoelrob: checks
*** TURN *** [8h 9s Jh] [9c]
batoelrob: checks
*** RIVER *** [8h 9s Jh 9c] [Jd]
batoelrob: bets 200
sappy123: calls 200
Old 09-12-2005, 04:30 PM

Default Re: Two Interesting WCOOP 1k NL hands.

Hand 1:

Fold PF. If you don't, call the flop bet.

Hand 2:

Bet the turn. If you don't, fold the river.
Old 09-12-2005, 05:53 PM

Hand 1, I did call the flop bet?!?!?!? The interesting street I believe is on the river and I have numerous high stakes players give different opinions. Oh, and I'm not sure you are familiar with the wcoop structures, but I am never folding this preflop.

Hand 2, I planned on calling a flop bet and leading the turn, but I really felt my opponent would give up like he did and that my hand was good. After he bet the river I really couldnt see him value betting ace high and hed easily bet a counterfeit pair. He showed Q3. Maybe this isn't interesting but I found hand 1 interesting.
Old 09-12-2005, 06:03 PM

holla
Old 09-12-2005, 06:16 PM

Christ.

Hand one is a monster monster laydown. There are hands like JT or whatever that will value bet here, and that are behind. Opponent could also be bluffing. Preflop and flop play are boring and people who say fold don't understand poker (I'm not saying you always call or always fold but criticizing a call or a fold makes no sense). The flop call is a math problem and a very easy one.

Listen its obvious the player you are playing is fcking terrible given the action, and I really dont think you should be folding your hand here. I even think a hand like an overpair could be value betting here. When a player shows themselves to be a moron I dont fold here, i'd actually probably call fast or even consider value raising but then probably decide to just call.

Hand 2 you are playing an extremely legit player who I played with in WPT Paris, so the scenery changes. You didnt post your stack sizes but it might be a thin call preflop. I almost prefer to pop this player back given the fact that I know his range is almost infinite and that he is thinking and will make folds.

If you were a very good player in his mind, he might be value betting this river with ace high, knowing you are capable of a call with worse. But most of the time he's going to have a hand that has absolutely zero showdown value--one that is likely playing the board--or a boat that he played funky. I really like the call and your play postflop here and I bet you win this pot way more than you lose it.

-Jason
Old 09-12-2005, 06:17 PM

Maybe give a little more time before u give results [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

A little quick with that trigger... I wrote my first post without seeing them though.
Old 09-12-2005, 06:24 PM

Jason, your definition of a "monster monster laydown" seems to be a little different than mine. Clarify? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-12-2005, 06:47 PM

Bwahaha I may have convinced strassa a fold is ok, or he just wanted me to shut up but here are my thoughts. Preflop my opponent could have just about anything suited as I don't think he was that strong of a player from what I saw (still early) and he only had to call 40 more after he limped. Flop he leads for 20, this typically could mean either a monster or a draw from a weak player, not sure what to make of the 2nd raise but I have to call so lets see a turn. Turn comes a T and he min bets again?!?!?! Ok I think if he had JT he'd make somewhat of a real raise, maybe he still has a monster as in a set and is hoping for another reraise but I don't think that is too likely. So now I have a hand I can go to the felt with, I acted a little too quickly and didn't bet as much as I should with my read of him having a draw, but I still gave him incorrect odds with my raise, he calls INSTANTLY. River completes the flush and also gives my opp trips if he has a JT type hand. I really can't see my opponent betting this as a bluff no matter what people say, so the two most likely hands were JT or the flush. One thing that tipped it was that he bet instantly and it just screamed he wanted value on his flush even though it seemed like it was obvious he was chasing it, but I have to call a half pot now right? Well adding it up I just went with my gut and folded, another thing that tipped in towards folding was that I tend to play more frustrated if I make bad plays early and I was already the victim of a 3 outer that orbit and I didn't want to go against my gut and implode shortly after. Ended up going pretty far but took a bad beat (yeah yeah whine whine) near bubble that would have made me a real contender. Oh well such is poker.
Old 09-12-2005, 06:57 PM

Yeah I didnt see the flush when analyzing this hand.

Electrical engineering labs can do this to your brain. I never want to see another frecking NAND gate in my life.

-Jason