Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-06-2005, 04:03 PM

Default Re: I think this might be a chronic leak

[ QUOTE ]
Weaker hands will (probably) fold to the ace and better hands will (probably) raise. This is a situation where it would be better to check/call the river.

check/folding this river would be a bad idea, you may be inducing bluffs.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is where I stand on this too. Especially when you're up against 2 opponents.
Old 07-06-2005, 04:10 PM

Location: \"Let me make it nearly unanimous -- misplayed on every street.\"

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Weaker hands will (probably) fold to the ace and better hands will (probably) raise. This is a situation where it would be better to check/call the river.

check/folding this river would be a bad idea, you may be inducing bluffs.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is where I stand on this too. Especially when you're up against 2 opponents.

[/ QUOTE ]

My general thought versus looser players which I assign to most of the lower limit games, is "bet the river they want to call". If they rivered me that's fine, but in general I expect many more hands that you beat call in this protected pot, than bet if you check. With a protected pot they won't bluff quite so often.
Old 07-06-2005, 04:15 PM

There has been a fair amount of discussion on these boards recently about not making "crying calls" in large pots when you are clearly behind. I agree in this case when it's a raise and cold call back to hero he is not ahead enough to call, but what if it plays out differently. Say hero leads this river and then is raised by MP1 and NOT cold called by MP2. Would this still be a clear fold or is this a EV+ call against what appears to be an unknown opponent?
Old 07-06-2005, 04:26 PM

I still think this is an easy fold, unless you have specific information that he's an idiot.

He's not raising a Q, J, or underpair there. He's raising an A, 2, full, or KT something approaching 100% of the time.

-d
Old 07-06-2005, 04:27 PM

I have a question, if in this situation you were Headsup, and a ace hit on the river and you got raised or checkraised after you value bet. Do you fold?
Old 07-06-2005, 04:28 PM

Location: \"Let me make it nearly unanimous -- misplayed on every street.\"

13 to 1

So ask yourself is the opponent capable of bluffing more than 7% of the time here? Well if you have ever seen him do it, then I would say yea maybe. With the way this hand was played I kind of doubt hero is ahead of any river raise. Unfortunatly we already know the results so any further analysis is spoiled in this aspect.
Old 07-06-2005, 04:30 PM

Bet/fold is much better than check/call. Players that were calling you on the flop and turn with a PP or a J or a Q are more likely to call this river than bet after you check. You miss bets when you're ahead.
Old 07-06-2005, 04:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bet/fold is much better than check/call. Players that were calling you on the flop and turn with a PP or a J or a Q are more likely to call this river than bet after you check. You miss bets when you're ahead.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is only true against passive, loose opponents. Against an attentive player, or a maniac, bet folding is horrible. Check to aggressive players, let them try to bluff you. Bet into the passive ones, let them call w/ JT or KQ.

lf