Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-24-2005, 11:03 AM

Default Re: PF \"SSHE Sheet\"

This seems like as good of place as any to also throw this thought out there.

I was just talking with a post yesterday about the range people put out there as optimal VPIP. However, again, this is dependant. Isolation plays, blind stealing and blind defense can make up a decent percentage difference in your VPIP. Some people may look at someone's stats who's less experienced and see their VPIP is 15, and say...wow, you're way too tight. However, 15 may be optimal for them! They probably don't have the postflop skills to make up for playing the extra hands or getting involved yet in the parts of the game that push smaller edges.
Old 06-24-2005, 11:06 AM

Following that chart is fine if you're strating off and even if you play weak tightly postflop it will make you a marginal winner.

Some things to be noted though is that if you're first in from LP you should be raising with any hand you plan on playing. For example the book says to play KJo from LP but if you're the first one in you should raise. Same thing if you have 77-55,Axs, or QJo,JTs,J9s. If the blinds defend too much and are aggressive you might fold 55-22 since they are difficult to play postflop when they miss under these conditions.

You should also be open raising with the same range of hands if folded to you in middle position except maybe folding 66-22/Axs since you won't have good enough odds to play for set or flush draw.

There are many, many, different and subtle situations that I have not mentioned, but these are just some things to think about.
Old 06-24-2005, 11:19 AM

Location: I\'m a FAG:Frugal Aggressive(Not that there is anything wrong with that)

so it is "spelled" and defined below:
magnanimous >adjective generous or forgiving, especially towards a rival or less powerful person.
-DERIVATIVES magnanimity >noun magnanimously >adverb.
-ORIGIN from Latin magnus 'great' + animus 'soul'.

of course i was referring to the fish that like to give their money away. plus i like to use big words that i don't really know the meaning of to look real smart [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]. lol.
Old 06-24-2005, 11:25 AM

Instead of killin this thread with the definition and spelling of magnanibitch (is that how it's spelled? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. Can the almighty QTip (why is that so funny?) back his post with an example of how one might shift there play from the sheet when you have, for example, a raise from an EP LAG and hero is on the button when it is folded to you?
Old 06-24-2005, 11:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
post with an example of how one might shift there play from the sheet when you have, for example, a raise from an EP LAG and hero is on the button when it is folded to you?

[/ QUOTE ]
What are the blinds like?
Old 06-24-2005, 11:28 AM

limit 2 4 hold um
Old 06-24-2005, 11:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
limit 2 4 hold um

[/ QUOTE ]
No - I meant what type of players (i.e. Loose/Passive, TAG, LAG, etc...) are currently in the SB/BB positions.
Old 06-24-2005, 11:31 AM

Ohhh, sorry, hahaha... SB is SLAA and BB is TPA, for example.
Old 06-24-2005, 11:37 AM

I'm going to make one assumtion that the EP LAG is more passive than LAG post-flop and doesn't play so well.

On the button after a LAG EP raise with semi-tight/aggressive blinds:
Re-Raise – AA-77, AKs-ATs, AK-AT, KQs-KTs, KQ-KT, QJs.

I can't think of any hands that I'd cold-call with here. I'm either 3-betting or folding.
Old 06-24-2005, 11:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
post with an example of how one might shift there play from the sheet when you have, for example, a raise from an EP LAG and hero is on the button when it is folded to you?

[/ QUOTE ]
What are the blinds like?

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL! Exactly. For example, with that lag ep raise folded to you, if you can get the blinds out, a small pp has great value. If they blinds are loose, a small pp doesn't look so good anymore.

btw...it's more like "the feeble QTip" (and I don't know if that sounds funny).