Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-06-2004, 03:06 PM

Default Fantasy Football QB decision.

So, I have Tom Brady (vs. Miami) and Brett Favre (vs Tennessee) this week. This SHOULD be a no-brainer to start Brady vs. a suspect Miami defense and with Favre coming off a concussion.

The only problem is the #1 rule of fantasy football.

Don't ever bet against Brett Favre on a Monday Night.

Should I still stick with Brady?
Old 10-06-2004, 03:14 PM

Default Re: Fantasy Football QB decision.

I go Brady, Favre getting his bell rung would sway me to Brady.
Old 10-06-2004, 03:15 PM

I would given that Farve is coming of a concussion and couldn't finish the game. TEN's D isn't what it used to be in years past and after last week if GB doesn't have a game plan that reads "RUN AHMAN GREEN INTO THE GROUND" then they should fire the whole coaching staff.

That said, I've been wrong on every decision like this all year and you should probably start Farve. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-06-2004, 03:59 PM

Default Brady for sure

The Patriots love to run Corey Dillon ragged all the way up and down the field, but as soon as they get inside the ten, its nothing but pass, pass, pass. This is an easy decision, especially with Farve's concussion last week.
Old 10-06-2004, 04:21 PM

Start Farve. The titans D sucks; they got lit up by the chargers especially in the air and the chargers really have a poor passing game. Miamis D is damn good and even if the pats win I dont see them putting a lot of points up. It is possible that pats will win with very little offensive output as their D and special teams will proly provide enough points. Plus the monday night factor.

Or maybe I am just salty for starting pennington against the dolphins last week over David Carr and losing by 6 points.
Old 10-07-2004, 06:53 AM

If you don't start Favre you will regret it. The only problem I can see is that if Green Bay gets a healthy lead, Sherman will protect Favre by running almost exclusively or taking him out. If the game is close, Favre's numbers will be big.

Tenn's pass defense cost me a win last week in the 2+2 league: I lost by one half of a point, with Tennesee's D putting up a -3 total. To the [censored] Chargers.

In Brett we trust.
Old 10-07-2004, 04:45 PM

Miami's D is very solid, Tennessee's D isn't. I start Favre.
Old 10-07-2004, 06:44 PM

Thinking Miami has a suspect defense is a big mistake. Miami's defense is in the top 3rd in the league.

The positive is that New England might have 75 possessions because the Fins' offense goes 3-and-out every time.

-Michael
Old 10-07-2004, 08:41 PM

I would start Brady if you wanted to be conservative. He is the safe choice. Most times he does the minimum it takes to win the game, but sometimes puts up fantastic numbers.

Favre is also irregular at times, but I believe his risk to reward ratio is much higher. Start him if you feel like you really need a good outing to win your match.

If you feel like you can get by with an average performance and still win because of your supporting cast, go with Brady. If you have some stud players on a bye, and every yard is going to be that much more important, I'd take a gamble on Favre. Good luck.
Old 10-07-2004, 10:21 PM

The Dolphins have arguably the best secondary in the league. I am a diehard Packers fan and really don't like the Pats or Tom Brady(yes, I do live in Massachusetts.) But, ignore my bias and start the ironman!
...Brett Favre.
-Andy