Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-09-2004, 08:24 PM

Default Another hand

***** Hand History for Game 829435114 *****
Table Table 14217 (6 max) (Real Money)
Seat 3 is the button
Total number of players : 6
Seat 1: choiboi111 ( $103.65 )
Seat 3: Villain ( $134.32 )
Seat 5: billstat12 ( $31.15 )
Seat 8: Hero ( $246.02 )
Seat 10: Lilmomo3 ( $52.25 )
Seat 6: Joelbtino ( $46 )
Joelbtino posts small blind [$0.5].
Hero posts big blind [$1].
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to Hero [ Kd Kc ]
Lilmomo3 calls [$1].
choiboi111 folds.
Villain raises [$4].
billstat12 folds.
Joelbtino folds.
Hero calls [$3].
Lilmomo3 folds.
** Dealing Flop ** [ 6s, 8d, 7d ]
Hero bets [$8].
Villain raises [$16].
>You have options at Table 14200 (6 max) Table!.
Hero raises [$24].
Villain is all-In.
Hero calls [$98.32].
** Dealing Turn ** [ 5d ]
** Dealing River ** [ 9s ]
Results in white:

<font color="white"> Hero shows [ Kd, Kc ] a straight, five to nine.
Villain shows [ Ad, Jc ] a straight, five to nine.
Villain wins $134.07 from the main pot with a
Hero wins $134.07 from the main pot with a straight, five to nine </font>

This was a really hard call and I used all my required time, but in the end I decided that it was more likely he would limp with 66 77 88 and that 9T/45 were just really unlikely. Perhaps it wasn't a hard call, but betting that much money on one pair is not something I like to make a habit of.

The only read I had on him was because of his chip stack, I thought that he would be more aggressive against me than normal because of how much money we could win/lose playing a hand together. Also, the min reraise might have been wrong, but it was mainly for information.
Old 08-09-2004, 08:35 PM

Default Re: Another hand

What the hell was Villain betting on? It was obvious you weren't going away but he kept betting big bucks on nothing. AJo??? Doubt anyone would have put him on the cards needed for the straight. If anything, I would have been worried about a possible flush. His betting would have come across to me that he had high suited diamonds, hence the raise pre-flop. Flop showed two more diamonds and away he went, possibly trying to represent a flush draw and going for it. If I had him read this way, I would have took him all-in post-flop and made him pay big to see any more cards. Of course the outcome was a split but putting him on a flush draw and pushing post-flop could have gotten him to fold. Hard to know what this guy was thinking except trying to scare you away by betting big on nothing.
Old 08-09-2004, 08:40 PM

Idk, with the hand he had, I dont want him to go away. I will put all my money in against that hand anytime : ).

Also, Girazze, I almost did go away, funnily enough.
Old 08-10-2004, 12:37 AM

Problem is that you didn't know what hand he had. Easy to say after the fact but during that hand and with that type of betting from him, I can only see him either going for a flush or trying to get you to fold on a complete bluff. Too bad you had to split.
Old 08-10-2004, 12:59 AM

When I said that I wanted him to call every time, I meant if I knew he had AJo (in response to something you said in your post about getting him to fold by making a bigger bet). Clearly, Kings are rarely good in this situation, and I was about 2 millimeters from laying it down, but his plays didn't make sense with any hand and I decided to make a gutsy call, mostly based on instinct. I never meant to imply that kings were always good on that flop.
Old 08-10-2004, 01:28 AM

Nice instincts.
Old 08-10-2004, 08:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Perhaps it wasn't a hard call, but betting that much money on one pair is not something I like to make a habit of

[/ QUOTE ]

It's gonna become a habit if you keep playing AA/KK like that out of position. You put a small amount in preflop with the 2nd best hand and a large amount in on flop when in danger. Does that seem like a good idea?

[ QUOTE ]
Also, the min reraise might have been wrong, but it was mainly for information.

[/ QUOTE ]

So what information were you looking for? He responded by going allin and you still called.
Old 08-10-2004, 09:09 PM

I definitely agree that getting more money in preflop is a neccessity here. You want to be able to put villain on a much more narrow range of hands when the flop hits not to mention getting more money in with the best of it. It's amazing how often bad preflop play translates into problems on later streets.
Old 08-10-2004, 10:13 PM

Yeah the preflop is bad. I actually misclicked this one which put me in such a tough spot postflop.