Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-14-2005, 11:45 PM

Default Re: How often is he full of [censored]?

[ QUOTE ]

Would checking behind on the turn and calling a normal bet on the river be bad? I give him a free shot at a club if he's drawing, but then he might bluff at it if he misses it, atleast i give him a chancee to do something stupid and it probably won't cost me everythign if i'm wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

While it would be hard for my aggressive nature to take this line in practice, I'm liking it the more I think about it. It has the benefit of keeping the pot small which makes your decisions easier, and potentially getting to a cheap showdown to get see how Villian plays this hand. I don't think TPWK is a good enough hand to try and protect with a big turn bet here.

Some thoughts on the donk-push river. Obviously with Villians hand this is a huge mistake. He's only going to get called by hands that beat him (oops!), unless he puts you on a weak hand and knows that you'll overthink his push and call with a weak holding (which, gently put, is what I think happened here). The more likely line that the Villian was taking was a weak/tight line. Villian probably put you on a flush draw and expected you to bet it the entire way planning to get his chips in when he "was sure" the flush wasn't coming. I've seen this type of play before. It's horrible, the line of thinking is horrible, but it's something that should be considered in addition to the "missed draw I'll steal the pot" line.