Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-2005, 01:48 PM

Default KK Dangerous Board

Taj 1/2 NLH 9 - handed

I have a decent read on everyone at the table, and the players involved in this hand have already amazed me with incredibly loose calls with marginal holdings and draws. I have been quiet for about two hours as I could not catch. Finally I pick up the K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] with about $220 in front and get ready to try and exploit the table's tendency to make bad calls.

UTG Fold; Hero Raises to $18 (which is standard here); Fold; Fold; MP Call; CO raises all-in for $23; Button Folds; SB Calls; BB Folds; UTG Folds, Hero Calls, MP Calls.

Flop: ($94) 4 players, 1 all-in
10 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

SB Checks; Hero bets $70, Fold, SB thinks for 20 seconds and calls.

Turn: ($94 side; $140) 2 players, one all-in

A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

SB doesn't hesitate and bets $75. This player has already made some goofy plays, so I don't immediately put him on an ace being that his range of hands is so large. However straight and flush draws are now very likely and obviously QK is a major concern. I can pretty much dismiss a big ace as he didn't raise PF as he has done routinely (raises/reraises with AJ, AQ etc), but I have a hard time figuring out if this player is capable of calling a raise PF with any ace and then a flop bet. My inital read is that he hit the board with something like JQ, or is making a play with TT. Anyone have any thoughts about this? Is this an easy fold?

Thanks as always.