Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2005, 07:52 PM

Default Re: 6max, hows this turn play?

[ QUOTE ]
The donk bet heads-up on a flop like that usually means "I have a hand, but not a really strong one".

[/ QUOTE ]

because they are too chicken to c/r with 2nd or 3rd pair here?
Old 11-20-2005, 08:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
because they are too chicken to c/r with 2nd or 3rd pair here?

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly

A check-raise usually indicates a stronger hand than a donk bet, but not always.

A donk bet, however, rarely indicates a really strong hand.

People are perverse in that they bet their medium-weak hands and try to get all fancy with their strong ones.
Old 11-20-2005, 08:14 PM

Grunch...

Definitely raise that flop. Probably fold to a 3-bet.

A little weak? Maybe so... but playing an unknown like this, I gotta give him credit for either the King or the Ace (Edit: when he bets out on the turn after our flop raise).

I've also found it pretty hard to get someone to fold if they caught a piece of the flop (especially something like a king). But of course, this could have a lot to do with my own aggression.
Old 11-20-2005, 08:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When the A fell on the turn I thought I could raise here, he *might* fold and if he just calls I can check the river.

[/ QUOTE ]
If he has the king your idea to make him fold might work. If he's betting the flush draw he won't fold though.

I'd probably rather raise the flop and fold to a 3 bet. It's cheaper and it's a rare player who will three bet middle pair or a flush draw. You could just get called by a weak King though. Can't tell how the guys going to play without getting to know him. Then if he donk bets the turn I'd fold. If he checks, I'd check too. You are repping a King afraid of a checkraise. On the river, he won't bet with a busted flush draw, but he might bet with a weak King thinking you were on a flush draw. He also might bet with middle pair, so you might have to look him up.

I don't know. But on the flop, I would either fold or raise, and I'd probably opt for the raise and see what happens. If you decide to call down, you'll probably save half a bet doing this, and if you get three bet, you can drop the hand.
Old 11-20-2005, 10:13 PM

I like this play if villain is competent. You might very well fold out a K and you charge the hell out of a flush draw. Villain will seldom reraise and if he does you can confidently fold.

If villain is passive post-flop, however, this is not the kind of opponent you want to play back at.