Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-2005, 11:20 PM

Default Poorly Played hand, tell me what to do.

Converter isn't working for this hand.

Pary Poker 10/20 6 handed.

I am in the SB with QQ.

UTG +1 limps 33/15 with very few hands on him at the time, but nothing exceptional to note.

Button raises 63/11, mostly a moron, but played better postflop than his numbers would indicate.

I three bet, UTG +1 calls button caps. Three players to the flop.

Flop of K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].

I am pretty certain I have the best hand preflop, and I don't mind the king so much as I dreaded an ace. I check intending to checkraise. UTG+1 bets button raises, I call?

Turn is 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], I check UTG+1 bets, button raises, I turn into a calling station yet again hoping someone is on a lower pair and another on a flush draw.

River is the 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. I think you know the script by this point. UTG+1 bets, button raises, I fold.

I was running very badly at the time and I feel like I did everything possible to lose this hand. It was clear a big pot was brewing and I needed to decide much earlier whether I was going to compete for it or not. What should my plan have been going in, and if I am going to fold when should I have done it?

Results to follow because in this case they are both germane and interesting.
Old 11-26-2005, 11:27 PM

Default Re: Poorly Played hand, tell me what to do.

I think I can check fold that flop when it's two back to you. I think you are hoping when two players look to get involved on a K high flop with that kind of preflop action. What hands are you putting them on exactly? AhQh and jj?

Krishan
Old 11-26-2005, 11:29 PM

Default Re: Poorly Played hand, tell me what to do.

I probably fold on the flop, if I called I cerainly fold the turn