Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2005, 07:14 PM

Default Ottawa Senators

While 21-4 is impressive, they are also 17-8 minus the puck and a half.
This weekend, they make a western canada swing. Friday in vancouver, saturday in calgary, monday in colorado.
Discuss.
Old 12-06-2005, 08:09 PM

Default Re: Ottawa Senators

The OT shootout rules have been great for them...Hasek in the net and their skill players shooting is a lethal combination. In addition, the power play has been monstrous when I've watched.

Western Canada swing is tough on any team though. You know I'll be with Calgary on Saturday. The powerplays will come less frequently as the home ice advantage plays in and Ottawa's tired legs from road games will lead to more 'lazy' penalties. HOpefully, the public jumps on the 21-4 record and pushes the lines Ottawa's way. Ottawa is scary if they can stay close late in these games, though.

If Ottawa goes 2-1 or better on this trip, I think the NHL can just send them the Presidents' Cup.
Old 12-07-2005, 02:30 AM

The Sens have made me some decent coin this year.

The Western swing will be a tough one. But I can easily see them taking at least 2. Heatley/Spezza/Alfredsson will have a field day against the average goaltending of the Oil and Canucks. I see Kipper and the Flames as their only real threat on this one.
Old 12-07-2005, 10:23 AM

???

They've been involved in 2 shootouts the whole season, one of which was on opening night.
Old 12-07-2005, 10:51 AM

quick reply:
Though I havn't posted all of them, the sens have been very good to me. I think they will remain so. They win by 2+ so often that the -1.5 will stay good.

I really don't think the sens will falter on the road. I see the coming trip as an opportunity to (hopefully) get some good lines on them. I will almost certainly bet them against colorado. not sure about vancouver or calgary.

fwiw, 2 of the sens losses have been to carolina when gerber stood on his head. the others were to phil on a back to back, and boston after the thornton trade. barring injury, I don't see them fading.