Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-2005, 09:04 PM

Default Middle pair against a TAG, crowd on the flop.

How's my line? I haven't seen this player get out of line at all. They are TAG and I suspect a MTer. Would you rather C/C down after the flop? These are the kinds of hands I feel like I play well when I'm "on" but I'll let you be the judge.

FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: BigEndian is MP3 with 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BigEndian calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, BigEndian calls.

Flop: (9.50 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">BigEndian bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, BigEndian calls.

Turn: (6.75 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BigEndian bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, BigEndian folds...

- Jim
Old 10-27-2005, 09:35 PM

Default Re: Middle pair against a TAG, crowd on the flop.

Some TAGs are so aggressive with unimproved overcards that I probably would check-call down after the flop.

If I wanted to be more aggressive, though, I think I'd 3-bet the flop and go from there.
Old 10-27-2005, 09:37 PM

i'd rather have 3-bet this flop. if the turn goes bet/raise again i'd feel better about the fold.
Old 10-27-2005, 09:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Some TAGs are so aggressive with unimproved overcards that I probably would check-call down after the flop.

If I wanted to be more aggressive, though, I think I'd 3-bet the flop and go from there.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree! [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 10-27-2005, 09:59 PM

That's a good point. But does a player have to be a rock to take the line I took? Unless he just spews, I don't think the turn raise is anything less than a pair. My line has to look like a PP or an idiot with an Ace and he hasn't seen me make any big folds.

- Jim
Old 10-27-2005, 10:01 PM

If we checkcall down after the flop we let villain have as much as 6 outs in a 7BB pot. I think most TAGs won't raise with a hand like AQo again after a stop'n go.
Old 10-27-2005, 10:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That's a good point. But does a player have to be a rock to take the line I took? Unless he just spews, I don't think the turn raise is anything less than a pair. My line has to look like a PP or an idiot with an Ace and he hasn't seen me make any big folds.

- Jim

[/ QUOTE ]

The turn fold seems fine to me. If this is higher than 5/10, though, then I don't know. (And, actually, I'm still getting used to the increased aggression at 5/10.)
Old 10-27-2005, 11:03 PM

I posted yesterday a few questions on this hand type.

One thing that came across unanimously was that this hand is a preflop raise. This combined with the 3 bet suggested post flop would seem to have given you more information to make the turn decision.
Old 10-27-2005, 11:06 PM

Raise preflop.

3-bet the flop.
Old 10-28-2005, 07:06 AM

Sometimes I raise this pre-flop, sometimes I don't. You don't feel like TAG, straight-forward, potential MTer is enough information that I need to put more bets in to define my hand with this board?

- Jim