Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-12-2005, 12:01 PM

Default It\'s that time... ADHOC

Well, I've taken my last final. I've wanted to do this for a while now, and now I have time to do it.

I'm only going to be 4-tabling the majority of the time, so I'm shooting for 7200 hands in 24 hours. I'll be 4-tabling 3-6 on Empire, and for some of the time I'll also have 1 table open on GamesGrid to hit my 10 hours there this week for the VFP program.

I don't expect burnout to be a problem. I've played cards for money for a long time, and once played a marathon 50 hour session of $1-per-card big-2. I don't think I'll have problems surviving this.

As for supplies, I have a few cokes, a couple of red bulls, some ramen and canned chili (Can you tell I'm a college student?). I'm going to be going to the dining hall in a few minutes to enjoy a relaxing breakfast, and when I get back I'm going to take a shower and start the challenge.

Updates to come. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 05-12-2005, 12:05 PM

Default Re: It\'s that time... ADHOC

good luck, and shoot your screen name if you want some company (heckling)
Old 05-12-2005, 12:19 PM

Hey dude,
Judging by the title of your post you know that I'm a miserable ADHOC failure but I must say congrats on having the courage to go for it. Also, something should be said about the fact that you're going for it at its highest limit yet (I don't think anyone else has done all 24 hours at 3/6). What probably should be said is DON'T DO IT at 3-6. If you want to go for ADHOC with proper hand requirements you have no time for table selection, which is a big part of 3/6 online. Either way, I wish you the best of luck and hope you succeed where I failed. One other piece of advice I'd give you is come home from the dining hall and go to sleep, then start whenever you wake up. I really think I can complete the challenge after a night's worth of sleep. Once again best of luck and post your SN, we'll give you some laughs.
Take care,
Matt
Old 05-12-2005, 12:54 PM

Thanks guys, I will post my screenname if I need some laughs.

I am going to do the 3-6, though. Here we go! Start time is 10:00 AM PST.
Old 05-12-2005, 12:56 PM

Hey cool, I just checked bison's original adhoc thread and the 4-table req. is only 6000 hands. I can totally do this.

4 Tables of 3-6 are open and we're underway [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 05-12-2005, 01:01 PM

Go get em dude, I have to get back to work till 4 but I'll check you out at the tables later.
Good luck,
Matt
Old 05-12-2005, 01:52 PM

Best of luck. When you're in your 15th hour, let me know what tables you're at.
Old 05-12-2005, 02:13 PM

First hour stats! Everything is way out of whack because of the small sample size, but oh well. My vpip is usually much higher and my w$at sd much lower, so relax [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

AP = 8.8

I also have 2 tables of GG 3-6 open but am not counting those hands or results for the challenge.

Also, while I have people's attention, I'm going to be asking a bunch of questions in this thread.

Should I be raising with KTo from the hijack, in an average PP 3-6 game? I think so, and I just did, and stole the blinds as I had hoped. Wondering if this is standard. I think it is...
Old 05-12-2005, 02:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Should I be raising with KTo from the hijack, in an average PP 3-6 game? I think so, and I just did, and stole the blinds as I had hoped. Wondering if this is standard. I think it is...

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't play 3/6.... or full.... but yes.
Old 05-12-2005, 03:05 PM

Default Hour 2 update!

VPIP still about 4% lower than it's been over my last 40k hands. Bah.