Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > The Stock Market
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2005, 08:12 PM

Default Re: trading & poker

[ QUOTE ]
If you are such a master of trading and poker, you shoud be able to get a great job. From your posts, I don't think you know the first thing about poker or trading.

[/ QUOTE ]
1. Not in the country I live in.
2. How do you tell?
Old 11-08-2005, 08:13 PM

1. No, longterm investing & a few shortterm trades.
2. European Stocks 1:1
3. I don't live in the US.
Old 11-08-2005, 09:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Right. Anyone who has a clue doesn't use this forum! How about contributing something meaningful, proving a line of argumentation, instead of just spamming the thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now you're tilting.

I incorporate by reference my previous response. It was offered with sincerity.

The fact that you viewed it as *spam* and the fact that it tilted you should give you pause.

Good luck.
Old 11-09-2005, 12:49 AM

Salary: You should move to the US, even an entry level IT consultant doing tech support work makes more than double your annual salary!

Poker: 50 hours of 4 tabling, every week, is not as easy as it sounds... based on your other posts, it sounds like you could use some more experience here... additionally, in my opinion, you shouldn't consider yourself a poker pro, until you can show consistant profit at the 5/10 level or above.

Trading: If you intend to have any kind of life outside of "work", your not going to have much time to devote to stock research, after playing 50 hours of poker every week... also, while your short term results may look good, have you established any kind of a trading plan that would allow you to continue to maintain that type of performance over the long haul?

Remember, both in poker and trading there is a time requirement beyond just the actual playing of poker and the trading... to be truly successful, you will also need to do research and post play analysis in both cases.

I highly recommend you pick up a few "Starting a Business" and "Working from Home" books, and give serious thought to the "Do you have what it takes?" chapters. You might also find the "Quiting your day job/Going Pro" Threads in the 2+2 forums (The mag forum has had a few, so you can start there), interesting reading.

Finally, it is important that you not only be appropriately bankrolled for your poker and trading careers, but that you also have your expenses covered for at least 1 year, while you go through the growing pains of the transition. Unlike a regular paycheck, in both poker and trading it is possible to have a losing month... and you can't start out on weak financial footing, or one bad month could put you out of business, or worse!
Old 11-09-2005, 01:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you are such a master of trading and poker, you shoud be able to get a great job. From your posts, I don't think you know the first thing about poker or trading.

[/ QUOTE ]
1. Not in the country I live in.
2. How do you tell?

[/ QUOTE ]

Uhh, cause Paluka is good at both?
Old 11-09-2005, 10:29 AM

What you said up to now: You can't do it. When you don't provide any argument the information is useless for me. If you would say: your plan is naive, because X and therefore Y that would be helpful.
Old 11-09-2005, 10:33 AM

All I'm saying I think I can do is stated above. Simple statements like "you suck" wasn't quite what I was looking for. How can you judge me like that with no or little information?

And if somebody was good at trading & poker their advice should of more value than zero.
Old 11-09-2005, 11:47 AM

Applying my poker knowledge to trading (and i know very little about trading) I'd say your approach to trading, and high opinion of your abilities after your run of good luck (results) makes you sound like a fish.

I'd suggest reading Fooled By Randomness and some other books that aren't so keen to the idea of GET RICH IN STOCKS!!! so you aren't hit in the face with a brick at some point (or at least you can reduce the liklihood of this happening).
Old 11-09-2005, 02:35 PM

I'm good at poker and trading.... I also stayed at a holiday inn......
Old 11-09-2005, 02:40 PM

If you're swing trading, why not hold down a job and trade on the side? If you are as good as you think you are, you'll be increasing your networth much much quicker than just living off investments alone.