Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2005, 10:43 PM

Default QJs-GutShot & FLDR, Overplay?

No solid read on villians, comment on any round is welcome.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
Hero calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (7 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, Button calls, SB calls.

Turn: (8 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (12 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 13 BB
Old 10-19-2005, 10:49 PM

Default Re: QJs-GutShot & FLDR, Overplay?

i like c/ring flop, i dont want to button to raise me and knock out SB

i really think you should check turn, you have lost a lot of equity on the turn and it dosent look like you have a lot of fold equity after the flop action
Old 10-19-2005, 10:50 PM

your flop lead was good, maybe the sb would fold to 2 bets and you could 3 bet then take down the pot on the turn or with a river bluff.

but when the sb calls 2 cold, that must raise a red flag. just play your draw as a draw and let it go if you miss. you have bad posotion to attempt any other line.
Old 10-19-2005, 10:58 PM

I really like the flop play, especially the 3rd raise.

Like others I think the turn was overplayed.
Old 10-19-2005, 10:59 PM

your 3 bet on the flop smells of fishiness. join my table i will take your $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Old 10-19-2005, 11:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
your 3 bet on the flop smells of fishiness. join my table i will take your $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

[/ QUOTE ]

i think after betting and having it 3/way, his 3-bet is right, unless hes up against a set(?), he has an equity edge, i prefer c/ring to beting out tho, because i dont want to knock out SB
Old 10-19-2005, 11:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i think after betting and having it 3/way, his 3-bet is right, unless hes up against a set(?), he has an equity edge, i prefer c/ring to beting out tho, because i dont want to knock out SB

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-19-2005, 11:06 PM

I like this point of the c/raise.
Old 10-19-2005, 11:14 PM

Thanks for comments guys. I like my flop play too. I have 13 outs for FLDR and Gut Shot. Even though I only have 2 villians, I think it is worth pumping the flop. Turn play is more questionable. I was thinking that I 3-bets the flop, I should bet turn to make Button folds, he could hold AJ or AQ. I should probably pick better spot to attempt this play. I was probably up against made stright or 2 pairs on turn. I think stright is more likely when as some of you point out that SB cold call 2 on flop. c/c on turn is better line. But then again, what do I do if J or Q hits on river? I can probably call one bet, but that's the call I really don't like to make.
Old 10-19-2005, 11:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
your flop lead was good, maybe the sb would fold to 2 bets and you could 3 bet then take down the pot on the turn or with a river bluff.

but when the sb calls 2 cold, that must raise a red flag. just play your draw as a draw and let it go if you miss. you have bad posotion to attempt any other line.

[/ QUOTE ]
man you need t olern how to f'ing write man, i cant undersand your mutha fing post, dude, leran to articulate. jeusus learn some pronunciation&gt;