Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling

Old 12-27-2005, 10:33 AM

Default Re: How much FPP per hour on poker stars

I was playing 8 tables on Stars this morning. It's difficult to do without the cascade feature and MTH.

At four to five tables I cleared about 60 FPPs per hour playing $100 nl/6. The 50nl/6 clears even slower. So that's about 30 FPPs per hour normally. That comes to about 20 hours to clear a $120 bonus or $6 an hour. LOL.

How many VIP points would that be?
Old 12-27-2005, 10:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ii is my understanding that you can 8-table On PokerStars.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was under the same understanding.

You know what this whole VIP program reminds me of? When you did your TruePoker challenge to earn a seat at the WSOP main event. Now that option is available to everybody! So in a way, I think you helped shape what has now become the Stars VIP program.

And the same for Microbob, who has constantly suggested that sites should lean towards doing this. Kudos to both of you guys, and to Lee Jones of course for making it all happen.

I know I'm ready to give all of my playing time to Stars. Between the weekly freerolls, the low rake, the new FPP items, the decent to good games, and the great tournaments, Stars has IMO made itself the best place to play poker on the internet. This should really put the pressure on Party to shape their VIP program in a similar manner, which will benefit us as players.
Old 12-27-2005, 11:03 AM

You can 8 table ring games, and there's no limit on tournament tables.
Old 12-27-2005, 11:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
At four to five tables I cleared about 60 FPPs per hour playing $100 nl/6.

[/ QUOTE ]

Accumulating FPPs at the no-limit tables seems quite difficult. You get 1 FPP for each pot that is raked $1. The pot needs to be at least $20 for this to happen. You might be better off switching games and/or possible shooting Pokerstars an e-mail because it does seem a bit off balance.
Old 12-27-2005, 11:47 AM

So at Platinum status, you'd be looking at approximately 250 FPP/hour?

12,000 hours to the Porsche (250 hours/month for 4 years).

Would really suck if someone ground their way close to 3mil playing $1/2 and then they changed the rewards available.
Old 12-27-2005, 12:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Ii is my understanding that you can 8-table On PokerStars.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was under the same understanding.

You know what this whole VIP program reminds me of? When you did your TruePoker challenge to earn a seat at the WSOP main event. Now that option is available to everybody! So in a way, I think you helped shape what has now become the Stars VIP program.

And the same for Microbob, who has constantly suggested that sites should lean towards doing this. Kudos to both of you guys, and to Lee Jones of course for making it all happen.

I know I'm ready to give all of my playing time to Stars. Between the weekly freerolls, the low rake, the new FPP items, the decent to good games, and the great tournaments, Stars has IMO made itself the best place to play poker on the internet. This should really put the pressure on Party to shape their VIP program in a similar manner, which will benefit us as players.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, 1p0kerb0y.

I appreciate that.

You have started a thread which could be very informative for players at all different limits.

Crunching some numbers from my $3/$6 SH play, I now am averaging .60 FPP per dealt hand over several thousand hands.

.60 FPP x 75 hands per hour = 45 FPPs per hour per table

45 x 4 tables = 180 FPPs per hour

45 x 6 tables = 270 FPPs per hour

45 x 8 tables = 360 FPPs per hour

It takes a special person to 8 table the SH game and I don't think I am the man to do it. (At least profitably)

However given the above assumptions:

If you 4 table, you hit Platinum in 55.5 hours of play, 13.875 hours per week. SuperNova will take 555.55 hours of play, assuming one plays 25 hours a week you would be there in 22 weeks.

If you 6 table, Platinum in 37 hours, 9.25 hours a week. SuperNova in 370 hours, if one plays 20 hours a week (cutting it down due to greater difficulty of more tables)you would hit SuperNova in approximately 18 weeks.

If you 8 table, Platinum in less than 28 hours, 7 hours a week. SuperNova in 278 hours, assuming 20 hours of play a week you would hit SuperNova in 14 weeks.

Anybody else like to crunch some numbers at your limit?

I would like to see them.

Thanks.

(Yea and for that Porsche if you 8-table the $3/$6 SH:

3,000,000 divided by 360 FPP/per/hour = 8,333 hours, assuming if you played 30 hours per week, it would take you about 5.34 years to get there, 40 hours per week, right at 4 years.)

Actually, I take this all back it would be much shorter. I failed to calculate in FPPs accrueing 3.5 times faster once you hit SuperNova. SO, back to my original assumption of 20 hours of play a week if you 8-table, you would hit SuperNova in 14 weeks, which means for the rest of the year you would be accumulating FPPs at 1,260 per hour? This would mean you would accumualte over 1 million FPPs in less than one year, so a porsche would be yours in about 2 1/2 years playing 20 hours a week 8 tabling the $3/$6 SH.

Shew, hope this is close to right.
Old 12-27-2005, 12:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
At four to five tables I cleared about 60 FPPs per hour playing $100 nl/6.

[/ QUOTE ]

Accumulating FPPs at the no-limit tables seems quite difficult. You get 1 FPP for each pot that is raked $1. The pot needs to be at least $20 for this to happen. You might be better off switching games and/or possible shooting Pokerstars an e-mail because it does seem a bit off balance.

[/ QUOTE ]

E-mailing Stars doesn't do any good. I don't think they care about the no-limit situation anyway. I rarely play limit poker online, so after the double ponts promotion expires at the end of the year it's back to Party or Battlefield, or whoever has the best deal(rakeback-bonuses)/interface/software, etc.

[Party by far has the best deal for no-limit players.]