Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-30-2005, 11:40 PM

Default super system

I read super system to me this is a begginers book, because when they adress the game of limit holdem there is just basic info in there if i didnt know pot odd,impiled odds,pot equality and other important parts of the game the section in there would of done nothing the best holdem books to me are the ones by two plus two. super system compared to two plus two books is like a baby book lol any one agree? and i mastered holdem thanks to two plus two but i dont know the game of omaha and stud very well want to learn those got any ideas of who can make me a winning player>? Plus is seven card stud for advanced players just for any stakes or higher limits, should i start out reading this or a begginers book ?
Old 05-01-2005, 12:29 PM

Default Re: super system

If you have the original SS book then you have a good source to start reading about 7 cd stud. For years many people referred to the section written by Chip to be a very good source. So sure jump into the 2+2 book SCS4AP. Between the section in SS1 and the 2+2 7cd stud book you will know more than 98% of the people who sit at these tables. Just try not to sit with the other 2%. BTW West also has a book on 7cd stud which isn't bad. Like I say if you are serious and play for money I would read all that you can. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 05-02-2005, 02:25 AM

Default Re: super system

What do you think of Super System? How is the NL section? I'm a good limit player, but attempting the transition into NL. It isn't easy, i still maintain the limit mentality. Is Super System as valid now as it was then? I mean against loose somewhataggressive opponents? I'd like a good book that can give me the complete details on NL hold'em, all the tiny nooks and cranies of crushing small stakes NL games.

Thanks a million!
felipe