Old 02-26-2005, 08:31 PM

Default Goofy Hand with Bring In

Party 5/10 Stud
7 Handed

3rd

Seat 1: XXX XXX A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]_______FOLD
Seat 2: XXX XXX 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___________FOLD
Seat 3: XXX XXX K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]_______________FOLD
Seat 4: 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___________________CALL
Seat 5: XXX XXX J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]_______________________FOLD
Seat 7: XXX XXX 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___________________________FOLD
Seat 8: XXX XXX 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]__BRING

I limped because everyone else folded to me. If there were any other people in the pot I would have folded.

4th

Seat 4: 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]__BET_____CALL
Seat 8: XXX XXX 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]_____RAISE

I think the BI might be defending a bit too aggressivly (I do it...so he can too...right?).

5th

Seat 4: 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]__CHECK___RAISE
Seat 8: XXX XXX 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]_______BET_____CALL

Every now and then I wonder "what would happen if I ____". This is what happens here.

6th

Seat 4: 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]__CHECK
Seat 8: XXX XXX 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]_______CHECK

Here I think the move isn't soo bad if I bet out 6th. But I think I dropped the ball by checking. I made a move (that cost money) to gain fold equity. Then I just check!! That doesn't make any sense.

Agree?

River

Seat 4: 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]__BET
Seat 8: XXX XXX 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] XXX_____CALL
Old 02-26-2005, 09:14 PM

Default Re: Goofy Hand with Bring In

What was your read on the player? I dont player stud-hi to often but it looks good. I think your feeling that he was defending a little too hard is probably spot on. I would expect to see a small pair from his part. Maybe threes and fours. I dont like the check on 6th. If your going to do the damn thing then do it! This is coming from a NL maniac though...and my aggresion often times gets me in trouble playing stud.
Old 02-26-2005, 09:18 PM

Jon, why not raise 3rd street if you decide you're going to play? What are your reads on the players behind you and the bring in?
Old 02-26-2005, 10:09 PM

Bring in was decent....other people raised when they had something

so I could limp/fold confidently
Old 02-26-2005, 11:08 PM

I'd raise third next time. If I'm reading this right it was folded to your sevens, with a J 5 and the bring in 3 behind you. No reason to limp here. Your just asking for trouble. You dont want to give the bring in a free shot at seeing fourth and catching perfect with something like (9 8) 3off then he hits an 8 on fourth. Make them pay if they want to play......hey that rhymes. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Fourth street your sevens could still possibly be ahead when he raises, as he assumes you will be on autobet. Obvious call. As for fifth, I think you got a little too fancy. At 5-10 I dont believe most players are capable of tough folds (or even easy folds sometimes [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]). I also believe that despite your check raise on fifth 99% of 5-10 players on party are calling the river if they can beat sevens. So just check-call fifth. Sixth I like the check behind. Like I stated, I dont believe your stealing this on the river if your opponent can beat a pair of your doorcard. River of course is an obvious bet.

Mike Emery
Old 02-26-2005, 11:56 PM

I would raise on third street, no question. I also think that this is worth limping in with for $2 most of the time. Of course you bet fourth, and call the raise. I don't know what you were trying to accomplish with the fifth-street check-raise. I would just bet my Ace here. I have no problem with checking sixth, presumably with the intention of calling. And yes, bet the river.