Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Hold'em

Old 12-22-2005, 07:11 AM

Default Re: I still have trouble when I get 3-bet

dam that was a good post
Old 12-22-2005, 01:11 PM

Default Re: sults

Thanks for all of the responses. I am still trying to find that magical balance between giving too much action and not giving enough. Clearly these hands were on the "not enough" end of the specturm [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] Maybe I will post some hands where I gave my opponent no credit and unloaded bets like a clown.

Anyway, I thought about folding the river in hand #1 for a little and called and got shown AK. Sweet.

I folded the turn in hand #2 and my opponent did not show.

Thanks again and have a good holiday,
tpir
Old 12-24-2005, 09:34 AM

If you are scared of being weak tight rather than call down be the one raising. Preflop in hand one was a great way of doing this.

I would have cappped preflop then taken it from there. Had i called i would have bet 3 bet the flop, he calls. turn he calls. river: T and i would betfold.

Hand 2 i do not cap and would fold the flop.
Old 12-24-2005, 12:46 PM

There was a really good post in HUSH about capping light in shorthanded situations, that I have been applying more lately. In hand 1, you do not have position so I just call, and maybe take WA/WB line? It seems against this type of opponent it is not rare to see him take control with 99 or AK, or a splitting AQ against your goosey image. However, I don't know play 15/30 party.

In hand 2, I lean toward capping since it will generally have a greater affect on getting villain to make mistakes postflop. I can't decide whether this affect is more relevant against a good villain or a bad villain.
Old 12-24-2005, 01:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There was a really good post in HUSH about capping light in shorthanded situations, that I have been applying more lately. In hand 1, you do not have position so I just call, and maybe take WA/WB line? It seems against this type of opponent it is not rare to see him take control with 99 or AK, or a splitting AQ against your goosey image. However, I don't know play 15/30 party.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think hand #1 is a pretty easy cap against the likely 3-betting range but I am a little over-sensitive to being OOP and I just defaulted to a WA/WB line.

If anyone had a link or a lead for the mentioned HUSH thread that would be cool. I did a few searches but could not come up with anything.

Thanks and have a good holiday,
tpir
Old 12-24-2005, 01:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you are scared of being weak tight rather than call down be the one raising.

[/ QUOTE ]
My problem with this is that against more aggro people I don't want to open up a spot where I can get outplayed on the turn if 99 decides to raise me.

It's hard for me to know if my bigger problem is calling down too much or not getting in enough bets when I am winning.