Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em

Old 11-23-2005, 11:47 AM

Default Question Concerning Yearly Profit???

I was trying to crunch some numbers, but I would like to see what everyone thought about it. I was trying to figure how much a good 5-10 NL player could make in a year providing he two or 3 tables them and plays 5-6 hours a day. I was thinking if he could make anywhere from 3BB-5BB an hour, he could be staring at over 100k-150k. Is this realistic or is there something I'm missing...Thanks in advance
Old 11-23-2005, 12:04 PM

Default Re: Question Concerning Yearly Profit???

these expected calculations are pretty useless even if you have played 40K hands or whatnot, let alone if you haven't started.
Old 11-23-2005, 12:10 PM

Oh i understand, I have played thousands of hands at the lower stakes and I was just wondering when it comes the day (hopefully) that my bankroll lets me play the 5-10 games, how much (after a lot of experience at that level) the good-above average players can make at those levels...
Old 11-23-2005, 12:40 PM

just 2-3 tabling... I think around you'll average around 20k a month... although you could win more by playing extra tables.
Old 11-23-2005, 01:18 PM

IF you can play 5/6 hours a day IF you dont tilt IF you can bring your A or A- game all the time and IF you are disciplined enough not to squander you bankroll even 500K is possible. But making this 500K is totally diffrent matter cause all these IF are quite important.
(Note that 6tabling it would be a million which Matt Flynn noted recently but I doubt anybody made 1M in the history of 5/10NL )

EDIT: That said I am averaging above 1k/day for almost a month now playing about 3-4hours a day (but 6tabling 4hours is 2k+hands). So yeah its possible we will see if I can sustain it for another month or two [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-23-2005, 01:20 PM

Good luck. I think a strong A game non-tilt player could make 60-70K a year on a GOOD year doing this.

Tex
Old 11-23-2005, 02:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
IF you can play 5/6 hours a day IF you dont tilt IF you can bring your A or A- game all the time and IF you are disciplined enough not to squander you bankroll even 500K is possible. But making this 500K is totally diffrent matter cause all these IF are quite important.
(Note that 6tabling it would be a million which Matt Flynn noted recently but I doubt anybody made 1M in the history of 5/10NL )

EDIT: That said I am averaging above 1k/day for almost a month now playing about 3-4hours a day (but 6tabling 4hours is 2k+hands). So yeah its possible we will see if I can sustain it for another month or two [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

If anyone wants to put 1 million _in escrow_ and under contract as a bounty for making 1 million in 365 consecutive days playing only 5-10, I am your huckleberry. In return you get to see a successful professional quit his secure job and lifelong commitment to humanity, causing needless family and social devastation and inducing depression and serious weight gain, all in the pursuit of a quiotic dream. Seminude before and after photos can be had for just $1,000 more.
Old 11-23-2005, 02:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Good luck. I think a strong A game non-tilt player could make 60-70K a year on a GOOD year doing this.

Tex

[/ QUOTE ]

A strong A-game player would make far more than that.
Old 11-23-2005, 02:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Tex

[/ QUOTE ]

Well Tex my man, maybe you should actually compute the numbers next time [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
Old 11-23-2005, 02:20 PM

Longer hours can introduce drag on hourly rates, depending on the player. There's the basic can-you-concentrate-that-many-hours-per-month thing, and also whether you can play through your downswings without losing any of your edge, since you won't be able to step away from the game as easily if you've got a hours/week target.

2nd