Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-2005, 01:52 PM

Default Re: Status quo on this one?

[ QUOTE ]
the only hand that folds this river is 22-88, and even then i think it would be only 25%.

not that bad though. and i like PF

[/ QUOTE ]

Your average PP 30-60 player hates to fold. In a blind stealing situation, they REALLY hate to fold. In a blind stealing situation with trips on the board, where they hold any pocket pair, they aren't folding unless they misclick.

I see 88-22 folding < 5% of the time here.

Checking may also induce a bluff by a busted straight draw. I'd need a good read to check-fold.
Old 10-29-2005, 04:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
!!micro lurker asking a stupid pf question!!

[/ QUOTE ]

there are no stupid questions, only stupid answers.
Old 10-29-2005, 04:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]

why the threebet pf? It seems like KQs is only marginally better than neutral vs a typical stealing range, and you're oop. Is this purely a value raise?

I can see the advantage of being being able to follow up and represent a piece of this flop, but it seems like you're representing into a player whose range includes quite a bit of this flop as well, especially if you include potential draws from QT and KT.

why not just call and let BB put the extra bet in for you? your hand plays well multiway, and if BB comes along many decisions become much easier.

-----

also,

is villain capable of checking behind on the turn to induce a river bluff?

[/ QUOTE ]

It seems like KQs is only marginally better than neutral vs a typical stealing range

KQs is a lot more than margnially better against a CO's open-raising range. You have the best hand here a ton of the time. Also, by not 3-betting you will sometimes make it easier for CO to win the hand when you both miss the flop; In other words, a fair amount of the time the preflop aggressor will win these types of hands by default when both players miss. Let that be you, not your opponent. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

but it seems like you're representing into a player whose range includes quite a bit of this flop as well, especially if you include potential draws from QT and KT.

See? You are taking into account that CO could have KT or QT. KQs is ginormous preflop!

- Jags
Old 10-29-2005, 05:40 PM

his check on the turn means one of 3 things:

1) free card play for a draw
2) cheap showndown play for a weak made hand
3) getting tricky with a strong hand

based on this, a c/c is always better than a b/f. that being said, you a c/f could easily be better than c/c, but I'm too lazy to count the pot or estimate how often we're in scenario (1).
Old 10-29-2005, 06:23 PM

Default RESULTS

CO folded.
[img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 10-29-2005, 11:08 PM

Default Re: RESULTS

TQ and T8 sound like obvious choices but he's dumb not to bet those hands on the turn imo if thats what he had. The CO played that hand awful. I think the only better hands that fold are 22-88. But playing for a free card w/ an underpair is pretty awful poker. Especially since he folded the river. I prob check call here since 22-88 just don't make sense and hope to catch a bluff. Even if he did have 22-88 he'd be dumb to fold this river sincei any two cards could bet that river.

I think he had TQ or T8.
Old 10-30-2005, 04:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

there are no stupid questions, only stupid answers.

[/ QUOTE ]

and stupid people
Old 10-30-2005, 04:43 AM

dont be so hard on yourself [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 10-30-2005, 01:37 PM

Tex,
I dont like your river line, When your opponent raises the flop and checks the turn, he can have all kinds of hands including QT,T8,KT,Q8. In my opinion he either has one of these 4 hands or a weak made hand that he wants to showdown cheaply. Once you get to the river, a bet has no value, for you will just make him fold his busted draws or call with his weak made hand. You shouldve checked the river with the intention of calling all bets since you will snap a bluff enough of the time to make this call profitable. You have the nonpair nuts, theres no reason to bet the river, and theres no way in hell you should fold this river on that board given that action. Checking and calling makes more money in the long run than betting out in my opinion.