Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-2005, 08:09 PM

Default Standard?

PP 15-30 full table.

MP2 in this hand is a donk who plays any two, chases any draw, etc. He is also capable of going 4 bets on the turn or river with bottom pair. I am sitting directly to the left of MP2 with tighties to my left and loose passives to the right. My image is tight and so far everyone behind me has folded to my isolation raises. However, I have isolated MP2 several times in the last couple of orbits.

Pre-Flop: MP1 opens, MP2 calls, I raise from the hijack with A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], cutoff, button, sb call, rest call.

Flop: J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 10 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Checked around.

Turn: 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

SB bets, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, I call, CO calls, button folds.

River: 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

SB checks, MP1 checks, MP2 bets, I raise.
Old 10-04-2005, 08:13 PM

Default Re: Standard?

There's a T AND a J on the table?
Old 10-04-2005, 08:15 PM

errr..... yes?
Old 10-04-2005, 08:46 PM

When you say "MP1 opens," do you mean he limps? I would typically read that as saying that MP1 raised, but then the action seems to indicate that he just limped.... [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Anyway, I'd probably overlimp on the flop if that's what we're talking about.

The rest seems fine, including the obvious river raise.
Old 10-04-2005, 08:53 PM

Default MP1 Open Limped...

pre-flop. Can't edit the OP.
Old 10-04-2005, 09:00 PM

The only problem I see with this is that I can't figure out what hand you're representing. I can't think of any hand you have where the way you played the hand makes sense.

You didn't raise pre flop with any hand the 6 helps, and any made hand raises the turn, after all those calls. Hopefully nobody else at the table is thinking about this [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].
Old 10-04-2005, 09:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The only problem I see with this is that I can't figure out what hand you're representing. I can't think of any hand you have where the way you played the hand makes sense.

You didn't raise pre flop with any hand the 6 helps, and any made hand raises the turn, after all those calls. Hopefully nobody else at the table is thinking about this [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

[/ QUOTE ]
It doesn't matter because nobody else has much of anything either. You think people will call two cold with second pair? His only problem is if SB has a J with a somewhat decent kicker that he can't let go.
Old 10-04-2005, 11:39 PM

i don't see a positive ev raising two early limpers with a weak hand like A6. i see that as a mistake. even if mp2 is awful mp1 limped, and mp 2 could have a hand. i think you can wait for a better place to make a play like this.

as for the river, it depends on the players and your read. if you think mp1 can not beat 3ed pair, and/or if you raise the 1st 2 opponents and mp2 will all fold better hands, then yes. but that seem like a little to much to expect, but again it is game dependent.
Old 10-05-2005, 12:16 AM

IMO this is one of those plays that works well in theory, but in reality doesn't actually succeed often enough to make it +EV.
Old 10-05-2005, 12:31 AM

Your read on MP2 confuses me... he overplays his hands... and chases all draws... but does he pay off with everything too? If you think he is capable of a stone bluff here I like it, otherwise it seems that he pays off with a J or a T somewhere around 100% of the time.

Hope it worked out for you,
-tpir