Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2005, 11:33 PM

Default 10/20 in AC: Borgata vs Taj

I've been playing a ton of 10/20 at the Borgata recently, and have heard from numerous players that the 10/20 at the Taj has even better action, but is populated by many lowlives and some are paranoid of collusion, and a floor who doesn't seem to do anything about it, or doesn't look hard enough for it.

Where do you prefer to play 10/20 in AC?
Old 10-29-2005, 12:25 AM

Default Re: 10/20 in AC: Borgata vs Taj

It depends on your table. You are more likely to get more action at the Taj, but you could get a tight table there. The problem I have with the Taj is when I usually arrive on a Sat. morning, they will only have one or two 10/20 games going. Even later at night they don't seem to have too many of them going, while Borgata will usually have at least four going. Both places have regulars that do not bleed their money away. Last week I found the Borg 10/20 games tight. I also don't enjoy the atmosphere at the Taj. There are rarely conversations going on at the table there, while at Borgata the people are more friendly it seems.
Old 10-29-2005, 12:46 AM

All of my play at Borgata is early during the week (sun/mon/tues) and at night. I've found plenty of fishy 10/20 tables. I don't bother going on the weekends because of the crowds, and because I'm free during the week. But yeah, it definitely depends on the lineup of characters. Most of the time I find the table full of tourists or frustrated and aggressive/drunk players trying to take bizarre shots at you. Last week most of my games saw an average of 4-6 players to the flop. At times it felt like 2/4. I'm happy enough with Borgata, but thought I'd ask about the Taj. I do hate Borgata's chips and am not looking forward to fumbling my way though their 4chip 8chip games, which is every level above 10/20.
Old 10-29-2005, 01:00 AM

When I go to AC (about 2 trips a month during the week), I always play at the Borg. My few trips to the Taj weren't pleasant for the reasons you mentioned among others. As far as the chips, I'd rather them stick together because they're designed to rather than because they have crap caked on them. You'll get used to it.
Old 10-29-2005, 02:06 AM

I heard the Taj recently washed all their chips.
Old 10-29-2005, 05:58 PM

as of 3 weeks ago they were funky as ever. However there were a few stray new $1 and $5 chips. Only truly clean ones are the new $10 chips.
Old 10-30-2005, 02:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I heard the Taj recently washed all their chips.

[/ QUOTE ]

ive herd it ilgeal to was chips in NJ
Old 10-30-2005, 11:30 PM

I was just at the Taj, and I can report that the black goop seemed to be missing from the chips.
Old 10-31-2005, 09:09 AM

i play mostly at the taj because I just like the atmosphere better, and I get a better rakeback. The weekly games during the day however can see a very very tight game, and at the Borgata there is always the 3 guys pounding coronas and whistling at the cocktail waitresses sitting in seats 4,5 and 6