Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2005, 11:15 AM

Default Re: My typical day

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
LOL, i just reread the thread and noticed only one person wasn't living in 1950 still. Children that are put in daycare between the ages of 3 and 5 develop better reading skills, speech skills, social skills, and are more ready to adapt to changing social environments. There are always crack house day cares, and there are always daycares that do fabulous things for children. The fact that a child is alowed to interact with other children on a daily basis in an academic environment is very positive. You can't reproduce this environment through networking with other parents. Anyone with kids who have them as their "top priority" should consider a good day care if it is affordable. I have two kids and have a good network of parents. We all put our kids in daycare, even though most of us don't need to.

[/ QUOTE ]

IMO most day care places are zoos. They are not teaching kids values and dicipline. I dont ship my kid off to some random stranger if she can be with me. Call me crazy but I trust myself to give her the proper direction a lot more than a random day care worker.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think most parents agree that "shipping" children off to "random strangers" isn't a very good idea. Therefore, I'm not going to call you crazy. However, you could do some research, visit a couple of different day care centers, and talk to the people working there. Find out what education they have, what kind of education and environment they offer for the children, and then decide which day care center to "ship" your kids off to. Out of a lot of "random strangers" the laws of probability suggest that some should be rather adept at taking care of children. Some of them may even be better at it than you.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a boy 12 and girl 9. Try getting a letter from the State of Colorado saying that one of the sons of you daycare provider is being investigated for Child Molesting. I received this letter about my daughters daycare. She was 3 months when she was at this daycare. I doubt if anything happened, and she was long out of the site as my wife and I decided to live on one income and no kids in daycare when she was 6 months old. A parent or grandparent will care for a child much better than an institution.

We did put our children into a preschool program for about 15 hrs per week. The preschool was fine, religious based and operated 9 months out of the year.

But to say warehousing kids at a daycare 40 hrs is better than having a parent bring up a kids is insane. Next thing you will say is single parents familys are just as good as dual parent familys.
Old 11-17-2005, 12:01 PM

Default Re: My typical day

[ QUOTE ]
But to say warehousing kids at a daycare 40 hrs is better than having a parent bring up a kids is insane. Next thing you will say is single parents familys are just as good as dual parent familys.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is no right answer to either of your two statements that works for every situation!!

The answer in both cases is, it depends on the totality of the circumstances.