Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-2005, 03:55 PM

Default Re: airsoft

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry, but I've been going to these links and trying to figure this [censored] out. What exactly is the appeal of this? Why would anyone play "airsoft" instead of paintball? As far as I can tell, the only pros of airsoft are the replica models and no worrying about stains from paint. The cons are more dangerous (?) and more chance of getting in legal trouble.

[/ QUOTE ]

It boils down to the fact that most males think anything that shoots is cool. Anything you can shoot at someone else indoors, and not get hurt too bad is even cooler.
Old 11-30-2005, 11:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry, but I've been going to these links and trying to figure this [censored] out. What exactly is the appeal of this? Why would anyone play "airsoft" instead of paintball? As far as I can tell, the only pros of airsoft are the replica models and no worrying about stains from paint. The cons are more dangerous (?) and more chance of getting in legal trouble.

[/ QUOTE ]

Haven't read the replies yet, but the main thing is that is is CHEAPER. You can get 500-100 pellets for $5-10 as opposed to $50 for paintball. Also, you don't need to pay for C02 or nitrogen. (assuming you have a spring-loaded airsoft gun).
Old 11-30-2005, 05:10 PM

Airsoft guns are sweet. I keep an assault rifle fully loaded in my trunk at all times, and a pistol loaded in my glove box.

My favorite thing to do is to go to the restaurant I used to work at, drive up to the drive-through, then when the guy opens the window to help me, shoot him in the neck. Good times.
Old 11-30-2005, 05:16 PM

I had a small arsenal back in high school...was into paintball and that kinda crap. Lots of fun for getting together with a bunch of guys and drunk shooting each other. Spring pistols are cool for this kind of stuff, but I also picked up a gas powered HK pistol cause...well..it looked cool. Spring rifles are crap, don't get one. Make sure if you get a spring pistol, shell out enough so you';re not saddled with some crappy POS that will break after a month or so. BTW, those battery powered AKs and MP5s are crap as well.