Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2005, 10:40 AM

Default a resteal question

against someone who will raise 50% of his hands in the co first in A4o and K9o will win more than 50% if you go to showdown against his range. T9s will not.
My question is should you 3bet him with the first 2? should you fold the T9s?
Old 10-26-2005, 10:52 AM

Default Re: a resteal question

MY answer if you had asked Should you three bet someone who steals from the CO with 50% with A4o, K9o and T9s would have been no, no and no.

The way you put it, I think A4o and K9o are 3 bets, T9s is not. However, I'll probably just 3 bet with T9s also. Just to keep up the donk image.
Old 10-26-2005, 11:10 AM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

I think it depends how loosely this guy peels. if he's a loose peeler I'd probably rather have A4o. if he's a decent player I'd probably like K9o. I think a hand like T9s will throw him off though, which has some value, especially if he's tight postflop, since the hand has less showdown value but you're representing high cards, while holding low ones.
Old 10-26-2005, 11:20 AM

Seems like we need to know more about his postflop play.
Old 10-26-2005, 11:26 AM

of course knowing more about someones postflop play helps in making the correct decision. but suppose you don't. there should be defaults for what to do with your hand.
Old 10-26-2005, 12:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
MY answer if you had asked Should you three bet someone who steals from the CO with 50% with A4o, K9o and T9s would have been no, no and no.

The way you put it, I think A4o and K9o are 3 bets, T9s is not. However, I'll probably just 3 bet with T9s also. Just to continue to be a donk .

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Barron
Old 10-26-2005, 12:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
of course knowing more about someones postflop play helps in making the correct decision. but suppose you don't. there should be defaults for what to do with your hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Knowing nothing of his postflop play I think I would fold all 3 of these hands.
Old 10-26-2005, 01:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Knowing nothing of his postflop play I think I would fold all 3 of these hands.

[/ QUOTE ]
Im curious, what would your raising standards be in this situation given the description of this opponent but you knew nothing about his post flop play. I think mine would be AT+,A8s+,KJ+,KTs+,QJs+,JTs+,77+. feel free to flame me if these standards are too tight or too loose.
Old 10-26-2005, 09:23 PM

Come on Rob, you oversimplify this thing drastically. First of all, there are people to act behind you. Second of all, you are allowed to just call with T9s, which I believe is the right play in the situation you describe. I would never 3 bet A4o or K9o because players who raise 50 percent of their hands play aggro postflop and see a lot of rivers, making it tough for me to know when I'm ahead(you will theoretically fold many hands that would have won if the hand were run hot and cold).
-James
Old 10-26-2005, 11:26 PM

I would call T9s against this type and 3-bet any aces.

Edit: I din't noticed that he raised in CO. I would muck T9s, not call. K9 and A4 are still 3-bets.

As i raise in button lesser than 40% of time - i'm simply ignoring 50% CO-raiser and still 3-bet all hands i usually raise, but not tricky ones like T9s (which i raise occasionally).

I really don't care about his postflop play. He will face a lot of action and tricks from me. 50% of stealing from CO means - he try to steal my steals. I don't like it, it must be punished.