Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-23-2005, 11:43 AM

Default Re: O Doyle\'s Army - NEW UPDATE ON START UP SITE OFFER

Why dont you start your own message board for specifically for "Odoyle Army"? I think you can have a board for free some places. That way we could talk openly about whatever we want. Anyone else involved in the project could talk openly about the "unmentionable" subjects as well.
Old 08-23-2005, 11:54 AM

Great work O Doyle! I can't wait to hear all the finalized details. It would feel great to know the majority of my rake was going towards sending me to a major tournament.
Old 08-23-2005, 12:14 PM

Nice work Cranium. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] It seems to me, that the way this has been arranged will greatly benefit every player here.

One note to everybody. Lets all be professional about our play there and understand that it won't immediately be as good pickings as Party. If the games are in short supply, or are short handed, we should all strive to still give this new site plenty of action - and doing so is in the best interest of all of us.

No other site has offered anything remotely similar to this except the Gaming Club and True (where the qualifying period was tiny), lets not whine and cry right away if the games aren't great. I'll plug away even if they are bad, because I can see the end result. (sorry for preaching, but give it a chance)

Dogmeat [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 08-23-2005, 12:23 PM

I'm still in for this aswell. I have a few questions though.

1. Will we only be able to qualify for 10K events or will we be able to qualify for some of the smaller events in the WSOP/WPT?

2. Will there be any tracking software on the site to figure out how far along we are?

Thanks for setting this up!

Durs
Old 08-23-2005, 12:38 PM

This is an excellent question. I'm sure it is a detail that hasn't been worked out yet but here is my scenario. I live near Foxwoods and would be more interested in that WPT event than any other, but it is in October, could I take the 75% rakeback and play in say... the $1K or $2K prelim event instead of the championship? That would be much more fruitful for me.
~Justin
Old 08-23-2005, 01:04 PM

Only a matter of time before Matt waves his magic administrative wand and makes this thread **POOF**
Old 08-23-2005, 01:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Only a matter of time before Matt waves his magic administrative wand and makes this thread **POOF**

[/ QUOTE ]

Mat was right - a bunch of whinners here. Was your post really necessary?

Old 08-23-2005, 01:18 PM

Not exactly sure how my post makes me a whiner. That kind of makes zero sense.
Old 08-23-2005, 01:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Nice work Cranium. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] It seems to me, that the way this has been arranged will greatly benefit every player here.

One note to everybody. Lets all be professional about our play there and understand that it won't immediately be as good pickings as Party. If the games are in short supply, or are short handed, we should all strive to still give this new site plenty of action - and doing so is in the best interest of all of us.

No other site has offered anything remotely similar to this except the Gaming Club and True (where the qualifying period was tiny), lets not whine and cry right away if the games aren't great. I'll plug away even if they are bad, because I can see the end result. (sorry for preaching, but give it a chance)

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, dog. I don't know if it benefits every player, but I think it would for the vast majority.

I really appreciate your second point. Chances are the games are going to be far from perfect in the short run and lets face it, with any start up site there has got to be some problems. Hopefully, if we show the proper patience in both these regards and look at the big picture we will all benefit at the end of this "experiment".
Old 08-23-2005, 01:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm still in for this aswell. I have a few questions though.

1. Will we only be able to qualify for 10K events or will we be able to qualify for some of the smaller events in the WSOP/WPT?

2. Will there be any tracking software on the site to figure out how far along we are?

Thanks for setting this up!

Durs

[/ QUOTE ]

I would tend to think the answer to question # 1 would be no.

Lets run through a scenario, a player generates 16k in rake, which 45% he is able to take on a monthly/or maybe weekly basis. Assuming he does that and so he collects $ 7,200 in the "safety net" feature . The balance of $ 4,800 would be payable if and only if he goes to a major poker event. Which means he is going to have to put his "safety net" money with it to purchase the package. (Or at least $5,200 and the player could probably just keep the 2k for travel expense) I don't think the site would allow the player to play in several smaller events because they might not get the benefit of an "army" of us represnting them showing up to play in a particular main event.

Just my thoughts, but I can run it by them to see if it the same example, say, a player wanted to enter 2 2k events, then he could just keep his $ 7,200 in safety net money, the site would pay the 4k for the 2 different events and the other $ 800 could perhaps be rolled over to the next qualifying period. Interesting and I like it, not just sure if they will.

I am fairly confident the answer to the second question is yes, but I will clarify it.