Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-12-2005, 11:18 AM

Default 2 4 offsuit, going for the stack.

I've been ultra aggressive last few orbits (raised half the pots and shown lots of bluffs) and have ¬1200 behind villian has me covered and is a good player. I'm looking for an opportunity to get his stack. This is from memory I cant remember the suits exactly apart from the hearts.

Hero is SB with 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

2 folds, Villian calls, 4 folds, Hero raises to 30, BB folds, Villian calls.

Flop: 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Hero checks, Villian (thinks for a bit) bets 50, Hero calls.

Turn: A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Hero bets 130, Villian raises to 320, Hero?

My thoughts: I had a decision on the flop because if I led out and he was slowplaying he'll raise enough Id have to fold (e.g. if I called, and he had KK, 4 of my outs would kill the action, leaving me just 4 big outs), so I elected to check-call. Downside with check-calling is if the A or 6 does hit I'll have to pull a stop and go. I dont think he can put me on 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] because he'd expect me to bet that on the flop, so he probably wont see a heart as a scare card on the river, but of course he could the nut draw himself.

Push? Call-Push? Call-check-raise? Why?
Old 04-12-2005, 11:56 AM

Default Re: 2 4 offsuit, going for the stack.

I don't play this high but his raise gives you 3:1 from the pot to call. It's about 1.5x your bet. This looks like he's not afraid of a draw which is fine. Either he has a medium hand and just wants to see where he is at or he wants you to bluff at it. If the latter then he has a big hand like trips. Also possible is AX hearts. I think you should bet enough to make any flush draw incorrect to call including implied odds so 3bet to 900. He will need to call 580 for a shot at ~1600 if my math is correct. It's important however to make this look like a bluff if at all possible so if your shown bluffs were all-in you may as well all-in here as well. I think you have him-he has trips or maybe 2 pair and calls the push here. If you decide he is a cautious player and just trying to find out where he's at with a medium hand and no draw you could 3bet in size here. Given your image he wont fold a medium hand here and may even commit all-in unable to bear the preasure, lol.
Old 04-12-2005, 02:21 PM

Default Re: 2 4 offsuit, going for the stack.

out of pos, id def move all in here before something effed happens on the river. looks to me like you got him exactly where you want him... if you think hes ready to make this call then give the opportunity.