Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-14-2004, 11:23 PM

Default Clearing the Absolute bonus

I'm thinking of going bonus whoring there, but had a question. I was reading over the requirements for clearing thier 35% first time deposit bonus, and I found it unclear what they expect you to do to collect bonus points. If you are just dealt cards does that mean you get a point toward the bonus if the hand is raked?

Thanks
Old 10-14-2004, 11:26 PM

Default Re: Clearing the Absolute bonus

[ QUOTE ]
If you are just dealt cards does that mean you get a point toward the bonus if the hand is raked?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes. The hand must be raked at least $0.25, but you can fold preflop without putting any money in and get a point.
Old 10-14-2004, 11:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
...but you can fold preflop without putting any money in and get a point.

[/ QUOTE ]

SWEET!

It sounded too good to be true. Thanks pzhon!
Old 10-14-2004, 11:29 PM

Report back on how it goes, last time I played over there the games were awful....the full ring games were terrible and SH was only mildly better.
Old 10-14-2004, 11:37 PM

I am deliberating whether to go ther or settle for the snuggle bear soft Empire games (I just cleared my Party bonus). I'm only at .5/1 but am trying to build a legitimate bankroll. Any advise you (or anyone else) could offer is greatly appreciated.
Old 10-14-2004, 11:49 PM

First, this is hardly too good to be true.
Most sites' bonus-clearing requirements are similar (in that the hand needs to be raked but you don't have to directly contribute to the pot). Sites that do it this way include party/empire, stars, paradise, ub, absolute, pokerroom.

Second - playing .5/1 you will have very few hands meet the bonus-clear requirement at absolute imo. if you wee playing 1/2 or 2/4 you would be clearing the bonus much faster.
at .5/1 the bonus at empire is MUCH better for your purposes.
Old 10-15-2004, 12:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
First, this is hardly too good to be true.
Most sites' bonus-clearing requirements are similar (in that the hand needs to be raked but you don't have to directly contribute to the pot). Sites that do it this way include party/empire, stars, paradise, ub, absolute, pokerroom.

Second - playing .5/1 you will have very few hands meet the bonus-clear requirement at absolute imo. if you wee playing 1/2 or 2/4 you would be clearing the bonus much faster.
at .5/1 the bonus at empire is MUCH better for your purposes.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't agree with this. I play shorthanded .50/1.00 every day and the bonus was clearable in a relatively short period. Not as easy as Party but hey it is 35%.

Reloads however suck compared to Party.
Old 10-15-2004, 12:44 AM

What Bob said. Trying to clear the bonus at Absolute .5/1 is very difficult because average pot size is only $2-4 where you don't even meet the rake requirement.
Old 10-15-2004, 02:20 AM

Here is the BR route you should take, do all the party skins, but and this is very important make sure you get rake back at Empire and atleast 1 other, aim for a high rakeback you are aiming to be a higher limit player so rakeback will become more and more important. Once you get 300BB for 1/2 learn SH and go hit up the crypto skins, the reason I suggest SH is that the full ring games at crypto are good but the SH games are soo soft its great. Once you have 1/2 just do all the crypto skins each month and keep your eyes peeled for anything else (ie stars reloads, paradise, etc).

I think the most important thing is that you get rakeback, I stupidly don't have rakeback at empire which is the best site for it, also the reason I suggest having rakeback at atleast 2 sites is because you may in the future want to 6-8 table. Anyway with hard work and a bit of luck this should fatten up your roll. I've made about ~7k in 4mths and now have a roll which is firm enough to make the 5/10 SH game my home.

Also playing 50c/$1 at absolute is a slow way to clear the bonus but it is possible and as I remember its pretty rewarding getting any bonus cleared when you are playing those limits ;D

GL Greg J
Old 10-15-2004, 11:01 AM

I've been working at it for the past week and the tables are a lot tougher than they used to be. My one previous time there the games were considerably softer, but that is likely because I was working on an initial deposit bonus when few 2+2ers were there. This time around, because of the reload bonus, I'm guessing a lot of bonus whores are churning their way through (this is at 2/4 limit).