Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2004, 12:47 PM

Default Re: Clearing the Absolute bonus

[ QUOTE ]
Report back on how it goes, last time I played over there the games were awful....the full ring games were terrible and SH was only mildly better.

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you mean when you say the games were awful/terrible? Very tight, too aggressive?

I haven't played there since about February, and didn't care for the place because it was the most aggressive site I had ever played at. After watching my Aces get cracked for about the 10th straight time by some genius who raised BTF with 7 2 because they were suited, I gave up on the place.

But I'm thinking about returning for their frequent reload bonuses. So I'd appreciate any opinions/observations on whether the site is still very loose/aggressive, or tighter, or whatever. Right now I'm cleaning up at the crypto NL games, so I'm only going to give Absolute another try if I hear something good about the games.

So I agree with you that the games were awful - I'm hoping to hear that they got better.
Old 10-15-2004, 12:50 PM

You quit playing there because people were raising preflop with 72?

Wow! Wouldn't that be a reason TO play there?
Old 10-15-2004, 01:20 PM

Yes, except that they kept hitting winning hands with that kind of garbage!

I know most people would probably prefer playing against people like that, but I prefer the loose/passive calling-station types found at places like Pacific and True Poker. I guess I'm not used to playing against such aggressive players. Add that in with a lousy run of luck, and my experience at Absolute wasn't the best.
Old 10-15-2004, 01:21 PM

Of course it's a reason to play there, but sometimes you just get too frustrated with those bingo games [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

I played there yesterday, 1/2 SH and the games were pretty soft, but a lot more sharks there compared to one month ago.
Old 10-15-2004, 01:27 PM

How do the reloads suck? They have more reloads than any site I've played at. I play a lot at Empire and hardly ever get reload offers - not nearly as frequently as Absolute anyways. They've been having weekly reload bonuses for like two months. It's great!