Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-01-2005, 06:19 PM

Default Conservatives

I am not very political, so im not exactly sure what a conservative judge being appointed would mean. I would like to hear a conservative point of view of the good things that will come from this.
Old 07-01-2005, 06:25 PM

Default Re: Conservatives

[ QUOTE ]
I am not very political, so im not exactly sure what a conservative judge being appointed would mean. I would like to hear a conservative point of view of the good things that will come from this.

[/ QUOTE ]

DB,

Well , the stock conservative answer is that the Conservative judges will be more in favor of decisions that limit federal power, respect property rights, and they wont make "activist" decisions or "legislate" from the bench.

Personally, while I hope Bush gets the nominees through that he wants, I dont buy into the whole conservative/liberal judge thing. George Will has written a series of columns talking about this particular issue and why it is very hard to pigeonhole a SCOTUS decision as liberal or conservative.

I hope that helps a little.
Old 07-01-2005, 06:43 PM

In all honesty the only reason I care so much about court is because the specific liberals which I find so annoying care so much. It is only because I stand to gain so much personnal satisfaction and enjoyment from hearing them bitch and moan, that I want to see Bush nominate a true hardass conservative.

Other than that a respect for state ballot measures as passed by thier respective populations.
Old 07-01-2005, 10:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Other than that a respect for state ballot measures as passed by thier respective populations.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, because Bush and the Republicans in Congress are really respecting the state of California's ballot initiatives by prosecuting medical marijuana users.
Old 07-01-2005, 10:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Yes, because Bush and the Republicans in Congress are really respecting the state of California's ballot initiatives by prosecuting medical marijuana users.

[/ QUOTE ]

You should really attempt to learn something about an issue before you post in reference to it.
Old 07-02-2005, 12:33 AM

By quoting dead, you cause me to read dead which not something I want to do. There is no need to point out how wrong he will almost always be as it has long be established that dead is full of [censored].
Old 07-02-2005, 02:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
By quoting dead, you cause me to read dead which not something I want to do. There is no need to point out how wrong he will almost always be as it has long be established that dead is full of [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]

My apologies I didn't realize his ignorance was of historic proportions.
Old 07-02-2005, 12:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You should really attempt to learn something about an issue before you post in reference to it.

[/ QUOTE ]

What am I wrong about shithead?

Tell me one thing wrong with what I said. Republicans in Congress are overwhelmingly anti-medical marijuana. They are trampling on states' rights.
Old 07-02-2005, 12:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Tell me one thing wrong with what I said. Republicans in Congress are overwhelmingly anti-medical marijuana. They are trampling on states' rights.

[/ QUOTE ]

It still needs to play out.

So far, the Feds have not enforced any federal laws against legit medical pot clubs.

They've (here in Cali) gone after some clubs that where growing and distributing illegally, but all the other places are operating without fear.
Old 07-02-2005, 04:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The day after the RAICH ruling, two congressman introduced a bill to congress specifically to direct the DEA to respect states' decisions about medical marijuana and stop all prosecuting.

The bill was introduced by Dana Rohrbacher and Ron Paul.

Both Republicans.

However, I agree with you that by and large, both republicans *and* democrats have no respect for states' rights and have no fear of an overly strong federal govt, except when it is convenient to say so.

natedogg