Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-07-2005, 03:24 PM

Default Keeping track of Sessions

I currently use Poker Tracker to keep track of all my net play, but it is lacking in a few areas.

I'm curious how you all keep track of your monthly bonus's, live play sessions, rakeback, and anything else there might be.

is there any good software for this? or do you all mainly use self created excel spreadsheets?

just looking for a good way to do things.
Old 06-07-2005, 03:28 PM

Default Re: Keeping track of Sessions

I personally use an Excell spreadsheet to keep track of my net profit. Along with pokertracker i feel this is a very accurate way and simple way.
Old 06-07-2005, 03:34 PM

i keep a written logbook of all poker sessions, bonuses, rakeback, sports bets, etc. must ... obey irs.
Old 06-07-2005, 03:37 PM

I use Quicken. I have a seperate account for each poker site and a general one for my cash bankroll. At the end of each day I update the balance on each using various income accounts (poker income, bonus, rakeback). Then you can run a cash flow report that will show you income in each category.

I use poker tracker to help me critique my play and others but since I play at sites that aren't PT supported I use Poker Journal for my palm that I track sessions with.
Old 06-07-2005, 03:45 PM

I keep track of all my finances using Quicken. I have a seperate account on Quicken set up for each poker site I play on, plus one for Neteller and Firepay. You can categorize each deposit/ withdrawl/ transfer to an account as winnings/losses at different levels, tourney entry fees, deposit bonus, etc.. and it is very convenient at the end of the year to print off winnings vs losses/expenses. Each entry has a date in the ledger, and shoud be very easy to match up with hand histories if the IRS ever decides to knock on my door.
Old 06-07-2005, 03:46 PM

wow, we must have been typing this at the same time. Great minds think alike.
Old 06-07-2005, 04:08 PM

No laughing now.

Yes, I keep track of all my sessions. Pretty high-tech method, too. I use.... Notepad!

While playing I have a Notepad window open to type in quick one-line notes about players or about hands I want to review later. If I play from another machine I email myself this text file and paste it into my session notes file for the month.

After each session, in a second Notepad window I add a line noting the site, stakes, start and end times, start and end money, and update a running total of my BB/hr, net profit, and bonus clearing rate with a hand calculator.

At the end of each month, I extract my result for each site and limit, copy those into an annual profit and loss spreadsheet, and start a new notepad file for the new month.

I could save myself the tiniest little bit of time by doing it all in Excel instead of doing the adding and dividing manually, but would lose in portability.