Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-14-2005, 03:38 PM

Default Re: full tilt poker sign up bonus

I put in $600... it took me forever to clear the first $60, I probably will keep a minimal amount of money in there to play razz every so often, but do not plan on clearing the rest of my bonus there.
Old 02-14-2005, 03:44 PM

FTP is some sort of an enigma. I hear the most insane conflicting things about it. A friend loves the site, cleared the bonus with ease and uses it as his primary site. (With the reminder that the bonus sucked early in the site's life, but kicks ass now.)

But for every positive thing I hear, there's two negative, especially on here.
Old 02-14-2005, 04:33 PM

Thanks for the info guys, was going to sign up with them, but instead think I'll invest elsewhere....kinda thought there had to be a catch with that generous bonus.....I have been observing some of the games though, and it is pretty cool the pros you can watch and chat with on there....in the last 4 days I've watched Phil Ivey, Jennifer Harmon, and Howard Ledderer in cash and tournaments playing and answering questions...pretty cool....
Old 02-14-2005, 06:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But for every positive thing I hear, there's two negative, especially on here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Kinda sad to hear since I have friends who are officers and shareholders there. I saw the site grow through it's planning stages before they went live. Hopefully they can change this poor perception.

I remember in the past the $600 for $600 deal worked out to you getting a bit over 50% of your rake back. (I don't know if this deal has changed since they first offered it, but these were the terms at first) It's not your typical bonus whoring deal where you can get like $200 for playing 2000 hands at most. But in terms of break on rake you can't really beat it if you take advantage of the full $600. It's lots of hands, but look at it like you're saving rake on thousands and thousands of hands.

I am an affiliate for Full Tilt so if you're interested in playing there, click this link to Full Tilt. Mat, if mentioning this affiliate info is considered spamming or is inappropriate here, please remove it.
Old 02-14-2005, 06:49 PM

i was 15 when i deposited. i am now 22 after finally clearing the bonus.
Old 02-14-2005, 06:56 PM

I would not be so quick to dismiss FTP. They give you -4- months to clear the bonus, so it's much more reasonable to consider it to be similar to rakeback. For a 1/2 or 2/4 player I think it is still worthwhile to play; just put your money in to lock in the bonus, and then cashout and leave enough to 2 or 3 table your limit and play it when you don't have any bonuses to clear on other sites (or in addition to clearing bonuses on other sites if you like to play more than 3-4 tables [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I find the games very beatable there but I try to stick to playing shorthanded. The bonus does clear a lot faster the higher limits you play, but at 1/2 I think the math says it will take multiple tens of thousands of hands to clear... The higher stakes games do not go often, but if you are reasonably adept at shorthanded play I don't see why you wouldn't want to have some money on FTP to jump in when they do run...
Old 02-15-2005, 07:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i was 15 when i deposited. i am now 22 after finally clearing the bonus.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, wow, i didn't full tilt was around that long.
Old 02-15-2005, 01:33 PM

Somebody mentioned this on irc, the bonus takes a long time to clear but is still better than rakeback. Think about it as an excellent rakeback program for the first 600.

So if you want to play the site anyway it's fantastic otherwise it's probably not especially if you're playing games that aren't normal for you. In particular their NL games are very profitable if you're accustomed to playing deeper stack NL but if you aren't you will have a lot of trouble with them.