Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-2005, 02:35 PM

Default Why wasn\'t this reported?

For years, media outlets have largely refused to report one of the most troubling aspects of the Mideast conflict - Muslim intimidation and violence against Christians in Palestinian-controlled areas.

Saturday night, hundreds of armed Palestinian Muslims crying 'Allahu Akbar' descended on the West Bank Christian city of Taibe. For the next few hours, the mob terrorized the community, setting sixteen homes and multiple businesses on fire, looting valuables from both, and destroying a statue of the Virgin Mary.

Said one eyewitness: 'It was like a war, they arrived in groups, and many of them were holding clubs.'

The mob's 'provocation'? A Muslim woman from their neighboring village had had a relationship with a Christian man from Taibe. The woman was poisoned to death by her own family in an 'honor killing', and soon after, the pogrom against Taibe commenced.

Something tells us this incident would have made international headlines had Jews been responsible for this type of violence.

Incidents such as this, largely ignored by the western media, have been the leading cause of massive Christian flight from the Holy Land over the past few years.

The historical Christian towns of Bethlehem and Nazereth, once home to large Christian populations, have seen that population flee en masse due to Muslim intimidation and violence. As HonestReporting has documented:

-- Over 100 Palestinian terrorists took over the Church of the Nativity in 2002, using it as a fortress from which to fire upon Israeli troops, while holding nuns, priests and monks hostage, and looting or destroying virtually everything of value inside the building.

-- During 2000-2002, the PA's Tanzim militia chose the Christian town of Beit Jala as a base for unprovoked shooting at Jerusalem. The Tanzim were specifically positioned in or near Christian homes, hotels, churches, and the Greek Orthodox club, knowing fully well that these sites would be hard-hit by Israeli return fire.

-- In 1995, Bethlehem was 62% Christian, but today is less than 20% Christian. Before 1995, Bethlehem had a majority-Christian municipal council, but when the Palestinian Authority took over the town, Yassir Arafat replaced the municipal council with a predominately Muslim council, and Christian Arabs fled Bethlehem in droves after a radical Islamic wave began inciting against them.

-- On February 6, 2002, the Boston Globe reported "a rampage of Palestinian Muslims against Christian shops and churches in Ramallah... Police made no attempt to stop the mob, which besieged and damaged a widely respected youth center associated with the Boy Scouts of America after torching the Christian properties...'The truth is this is a problem between Christians and Muslims,' said one Christian businessman."
Old 09-08-2005, 02:51 PM

Default Re: Why wasn\'t this reported?

I think the media has had bigger fish to fry in the past couple of weeks.
Old 09-08-2005, 07:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not true... I'm not even Jewish... or religious for that matter. However, if we come close to insulting an extreme Muslim group you will immediately be labeled a racist and a dumb-ass.

Make a joke about Jews... and everyone has a good laugh. Not fair.

I remember during the crisis in Bosnia... 85% of Americans didn't even know what faction our UN run American troops were helping.

God forbid we explained the atrocities of Muslim-serbs.
Old 09-08-2005, 07:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not true... I'm not even Jewish... or religious for that matter. However, if we come close to insulting an extreme Muslim group you will immediately be labeled a racist and a dumb-ass.

Make a joke about Jews... and everyone has a good laugh. Not fair.

I remember during the crisis in Bosnia... 85% of Americans didn't even know what faction our UN run American troops were helping.

[/ QUOTE ]

Racist.

HAHA, JK, I agree with that summation, but its not as extreme, you do hear some anti-muslim sentiments in hte media.
Old 09-08-2005, 07:48 PM

And why don't you report that Taibe is inhabited by ifidels? It's not like they were innocent. Islam is a religion of Peace.

[img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 09-08-2005, 08:17 PM

Default What a bloody karadjic !

[ QUOTE ]
I remember during the crisis in Bosnia. 85% of Americans didn't even know what faction American troops were helping.

[/ QUOTE ]

For what it's worth, almost all the atrocities in war-torn Yugoslavia were committed by the Serbs who are Orthodox Christians and by the Croats who are Catholic Christians. During the phase of the Bosnian conflict, in particular, the predators were almost exclusively the Orthodox Christian Serbs while the victims were the Bosnian Muslims.

Next time you want to expand so arrogantly on the ignorance of "85% of Americans", make sure you're on the right side of the percentage.
Old 09-08-2005, 08:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Make a joke about Jews... and everyone has a good laugh.

[/ QUOTE ]

This happens alot in the media?