Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-26-2005, 03:32 AM

Default Re: Rank these albums

[ QUOTE ]
I really like the Weezer album. scrub and I listened to it forever on the way to and from Vegas. I haven't heard the Coldplay one yet, but I watched a performance on MTV where they played a lot of the new sogns and I really liked a lot of them.

Once you've listened to them all, let us know what you think.

[/ QUOTE ]

For the record, one of the reasons we listened to the Weezer CD over and over again was that it also had Pinkerton on it.

Well, that and the only other CD you seemed to want to listen to was Gavin DeGraw.

I still can't get Beverly Hills out of my head...[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

scrub
Old 06-26-2005, 04:12 AM

Dibs,

It took me a long time to get into the Bloc Party for some reason. You'll probably come around to liking it.
Old 06-26-2005, 11:42 AM

I think the guitar intro to Perfect Situation is awesome. Great song.

I think the lyrics on this album occasionally seem immature (? maybe that's not the right word) and definitely repetitive for him. But his voice sounds great.

I like Beverly Hills. Besides Beverly Hills and Perfect Situation, my favorite songs on the album are The Damage In Your Heart, The Other Way, Hold Me and Peace.

The CD wasn't what I was expecting I guess (what Weezer CD is), but it's grown on me. Their last album I never gave much of a chance, I think because I had listened to a bunch of unreleased Weezer tracks over the internet before Maladroit came out, and basically, none of the ones I thought were really good made it on the album.
Old 06-26-2005, 02:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Next I listened to Arcade Fire. I liked this album a lot. The song currently on the radio, Rebellion, is really good and very catchy. I don't think this album is as great and revolutionary as others here seem to feel. Definitely good, but a ways from great, IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've listened to a few of their songs because the kids say they're cool... I don't get the appeal. Since I've only listened to them on my computer, I'll have to give them a proper listen on my stereo... maybe that'll help... or maybe I'm just too old and uncool...
Old 06-26-2005, 02:30 PM

The new audioslave was a big dissapointment to me. They just got waaaaay to mellow. I know they arent RATM, I dont expect them to be, but I loved their first CD. This one is a giant "meh"

I really like the new Beck CD

The new white stripes CD is different from their other CDs, but I like it. Takes a couple listenings to get into it tho.
Old 06-26-2005, 03:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
First I listened to The Go! Team. I didn't really get why everyone loved it so much on the first listen. So I listened to it again and agree that it is pretty damn good. I'm not quite convinced that it's great yet, but we'll see after a few more listens. There's definitely a lot of good stuff here. I especially like Ladyflash, Bottle Rocket, and Huddle Formation.

[/ QUOTE ]

This album rules.

TWO, FOUR, SIX, EIGHT, TEN
TWO, FOUR, SIX, EIGHT, TEN
Old 06-26-2005, 03:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A number of artists I really like have recently released albums. And I've heard great things about some new bands. So I'm going to Virgin this week to buy some CDs 'cuz they have a lot of them on sale right now. Yes, that's how I get my music, by buying CDs. No need to comment on that. However, any comments on the latest releases by these artists (which of these are essential purchases, which are disappointing) would be appreciated. I haven't bought CDs in a while, so if there are any CDs you think I should consider based on this list, feel free to suggest them too.

Arcade Fire
Audioslave
Beck
Bloc Party
Coldplay
Foo Fighters
The Go! Team
Gorillaz
Stephen Malkmus
Sleater Kinney
Weezer
White Stripes

[/ QUOTE ]
assuming you're a thinking person who likes good music (as opposed to terrible music, I would reccommend the white stripes, the gorillaz, and beck as the most worthwhile. the white stripes album is pretty brilliant, I've heard good things about the gorillaz, and beck is always a good choice, while this album appears to be not quite as great as his earlier stuff, like odelay.

coldplay and weezer are all right, but a bit unimaginative.

I don't know why you would even consider audioslave. they are terrible.

I don't know about arcade fire, maklmus, or kinney.

edit: the foo fighters kind of blow, but they're a bit better than audioslave. I know nothing about their new album.
Old 06-26-2005, 04:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]

First I listened to The Go! Team. I didn't really get why everyone loved it so much on the first listen. So I listened to it again and agree that it is pretty damn good. I'm not quite convinced that it's great yet, but we'll see after a few more listens. There's definitely a lot of good stuff here. I especially like Ladyflash, Bottle Rocket, and Huddle Formation.

[/ QUOTE ]

Huddle Formation might've been THEE best song of 2004.

GoT
Old 06-26-2005, 04:56 PM

The Power is On > Huddle Formation/

But it's 1 and 2 of 2004.
Old 06-27-2005, 02:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The Power is On > Huddle Formation/

But it's 1 and 2 of 2004.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmmmmm. Right now, The Power is On is my #4 fave on the album after Bottle Rocket, Huddle Formation, and Ladyflash. And Get It Together is pretty close too. As is Panther Dash. And Feel Good By Numbers. But mainly those first three. Man, this is one good album.