Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-22-2005, 05:53 AM

Default Easy fold?

Villian is 8%/5%

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $2.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO (poster) calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, CO calls, SB calls.

Flop: (14 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO folds, SB calls.

Turn: (9 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>. hero..?

Final Pot: 10 BB
Old 05-22-2005, 06:00 AM

Default Re: Easy fold?

That [censored] was weak-tight, I play the flop the same but fold the turn.

I still really don't get that cap against a dude like that. The whole premise of capping hands like TT and JJ is that you may be far behind one person, but ahead of the others making your cap actually +EV. Here, I think you're seriously behind almost all of the time and I can't see a cap preflop
Old 05-22-2005, 07:18 AM

The caps interesting, we have position, but with those stats I just dont see us being ahead of much.

I can't see how we can fold the turn with the T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
Old 05-22-2005, 07:30 AM

I initially felt that you couldn't fold with a club in your hand. After I looked at the action, the donk-bet really seems to give our villian a high chance of having a club himself. But, getting 10:1 on the turn, I make the call and would probably make a crying call on the river expecting to lose.
Old 05-22-2005, 09:23 AM

definitely easy fold, although i hate the cap preflop when you have position on the 3 bettor and only TT.
taking your line pf, a flop raise is a useful tool. if he checks the turn you get a free card and call the river bet, or bet yourself if he checks. if he 3 bets the flop, unless he's pushing AKc, you're probably drawing to two outs and i call and fold the turn if you dont spike your miracle card since you're almost getting odds to turn a set.
Old 05-22-2005, 11:01 AM

If he has a flush, we have 4 outs getting 10:1. If he just has an overpair (less likely given his line I think), he won't have a club some of the time. It'd be 50/50 but he's probably more likely to have a club given his line. So we'd halve our club outs (plus our ten outs) and we still have odds to call.

So call.
Old 05-22-2005, 02:16 PM

I think you could fold here with red tens. With the T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], I'm not folding.
Old 05-22-2005, 02:39 PM

Hero raises and pisses on villain.
Old 05-22-2005, 02:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 05-22-2005, 03:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

could you elaborate on this play some and why you'd make it? it looks to me like either villain has QQ or KK that is kinda afraid of AA but would hate to miss a bet if he's ahead, or he has AK with the A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and is trying a sort of semibluff on the scare card. with stats like those, i think QQ or KK is more likely.

you're gonna be putting in 2 bets either way, so why not raise and charge him if he's semibluffing the A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]?

i guess we're checking behind on the river here?